Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

looking for comment on this Geheime Staatspolizei disc

Article about: I only have a photo of the front but would like to know if the lettering looks good or is this one of the repros out there? thanks

Default looking for comment on this Geheime Staatspolizei disc

I only have a photo of the front but would like to know if the lettering looks good or is this one of the repros out there?
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture looking for comment on this Geheime Staatspolizei disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement looking for comment on this Geheime Staatspolizei disc
    P
    Many

Here you go Joseph, a little light reading that may help enlighten you from THE man when it comes to these discs, Don Bible.

https://donbible.wordpress.com/

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 07-08-2017 at 12:01 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I believe it is one of the older repros friend.

I did happen to find that site - thank you for letting me know it is a well respected resource. I do not understand what it is about the E and I fonts that make the fake stand out from the original.
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Here you go Joseph, a little light reading that may help enlighten you from THE man when it comes to these discs, Don Bible.

Warrant Discs of the Gestapo & Kripo

Regards, Ned.

Quote by josephc View Post
    I did happen to find that site - thank you for letting me know it is a well respected resource. I do not understand what it is about the E and I fonts that make the fake stand out from the original.
    It's the shape of the letters, the serifs, that are the big no-no. But in the case of your disc, the obvious main difference is the letter 'O', that alone is enough to condemn it.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The serifs on the "A"s appear to be only on the top left whereas the authentic examples the serif is also on the top right.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fyi ..... the link in the above post is now dead........?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Fyi ..... the link in the above post is now dead........?
    Looks like a change of server in the intervening years Dan. Well spotted, I've edited my original post to show the new link.

Regards, Ned.