Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help! police tunic and shako

Article about: I belive this is an authentic tunic and shako. Tunic includes medals 2nd class iron cross and west wall medal. also included is the gorget. I am looking at buying these items. could someone

Default Need help! police tunic and shako

I belive this is an authentic tunic and shako. Tunic includes medals 2nd class iron cross and west wall medal. also included is the gorget. I am looking at buying these items. could someone give me retail prices on tunic, gorget and shako individually? I belive I have a rouph idea of what they are worth but am unsure and would like a second opinion. also any further info you can tell me on the items or rank would be great. shako comes with removed earlier pre war shako plate as well.
    Thanks!
    Beau
    Need help!  police tunic and shako
    Need help!  police tunic and shakoNeed help!  police tunic and shakoNeed help!  police tunic and shakoNeed help!  police tunic and shakoNeed help!  police tunic and shako

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  police tunic and shako
    P
    Many

Personally I would pass on this one, the Gorget looks off, no glow paint on the letters, the buttons are up too high, these are heavily faked, the Tschako looks like the wrong shade of green and the corkade looks odd, not sure about the tunic, material looks ok but without better pictures or close ups of inside and out details who knows, no point in values,like I said, if it was offerered to me I would walk away.

Personally I would ask for better clear photos , this forum does not generally give prices , you can google search and find what items sell for .

Fellow members will be more than happy to tell you if genuine if you provide better pics .

moved to the Deutsche Polizei Forum
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Pass on these.

The gorget is bad and the shako played with.

I am dubious about the sleeve eagle too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks for the responces! looks like almost a mix of both authentic and repro put into one?

To my eyes from these pics the shako seems to be completely the wrong colour which would be such a big red flag that the rest would be suspect without any of the comments above! Apart from the colour the shako itself just doesn't "look right" in the way something having been altered never looks the same when put back together. Just my opinion based on a fairly poor pic (wonder why that is?) but I wouldn't touch this with a "knotty bargepole" as they say. For interest the extra shako plate looks like Stadt Bremen and possibly post war as shakos continued in use until the '60s depending on the force.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

a lot of these where post war.

The sleeve eagle is totally fake and these things don't even belong together. Again other faker who does not understand the difference between the German police and the military police. If you look at the picture of the Shako, that plate laying on the table is what originally came on that post war shako!!!!

Are there any good, reliable books on German police uniforms and headgear, separate from the military police?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast