Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle

Article about: I came across some nice patches and wanted to show them. These are the first that i saw from niederwurzbach.

Default Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle

I came across some nice patches and wanted to show them. These are the first that i saw from niederwurzbach.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle   Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle  

Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Niederwurzbach police sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

Quote by saginaw View Post
    I came across some nice patches and wanted to show them. These are the first that i saw from niederwurzbach.
    That's not surprising, really.

Niederwürzbach (part of the municipality of Blieskastel) only had a population of around 3,000 during the Third Reich and couldn't have had a very large fire brigade.

(That's what the sleeve patch is for.)

Thank you for the informative reply! At first I thought it was fire brigade, but while looking on lakeside trader I saw a similar sleeve eagle that was referred to as a NCO police eagle.

Moved to the Polizei Forum. Dealers do not always describe items correctly. On one of the most legitimate sites I know of, anything black and SS is always incorrectly described as "Allgemeine SS."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by saginaw View Post
    Thank you for the informative reply! At first I thought it was fire brigade, but while looking on lakeside trader I saw a similar sleeve eagle that was referred to as a NCO police eagle.
    That's not quite right, but not completely wrong either, as from 1936 on, the fire brigades [Feuerwehren] wore police-style sleeve- and cap eagles. What makes this identifiable as a Feuerwehr sleeve patch specifically is the combination of crimson branch color on dark blue cloth.

After 1933, the professional, full-time fire brigades [Berufsfeuerwehren] and the volunteer fire brigades [Freiwillige Feuerwehren] held the status of a special police executive branch [Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art]. From 1936 to 1939, they were collectively referred to as the Firefighting Police [Feuerlöschpolizei].

In 1939, the majority of the Berufsfeuerwehren were transformed into the new Fire Protection Police [Feuerschutzpolizei], became a part of the police force proper and thus wore mottled-green police uniforms. (Those that weren't taken into the FSP were downgraded to Freiwillige Feuerwehren.)
    The Freiwillige Feuerwehren had the status of a technical auxiliary police [technische Hilfspolizei] and were under police control, but retained the dark blue uniform until the end of the war.
    Branch color for both the FSP and the FW was carmine.