Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer marking

Article about: Dear All: Attached is a photo that is of some interest to me showing polizei personal as well as a Pz 111 with insignia that I need help I.D.ing. Can any one help me with this? Is it Polizei

Default Panzer marking

Dear All: Attached is a photo that is of some interest to me showing polizei personal as well as a Pz 111 with insignia that I need help I.D.ing. Can any one help me with this? Is it Polizei or Heer?
    Thanks
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer marking  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer marking
    P
    Many

?

This is SS. Judging by an emblem on a garrison cap.

Quote by timothywill View Post
    Dear All: Attached is a photo that is of some interest to me showing polizei personal as well as a Pz 111 with insignia that I need help I.D.ing. Can any one help me with this? Is it Polizei or Heer?
    Thanks
    Tim
    Many doubts about this photo.
    I actually believe this is a photoshop image.
    Looking at the soldiers behind, they appear inserted in the wall and panzer crew member seems to have been placed there.
    This is just my opinion.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Many doubts about this photo.
    I actually believe this is a photoshop image.
    Looking at the soldiers behind, they appear inserted in the wall and panzer crew member seems to have been placed there.
    This is just my opinion.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    I think what you are seeing is the corner of the building in the foreground with the soldiers near the wall of a different building.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I think what you are seeing is the corner of the building in the foreground with the soldiers near the wall of a different building.
    That is what I see as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I see nothing wrong Nuno just the wall corner. Nice picture anyway.

I think there is something very fishy with this shot. The focus is all over the place not to mention the contrast. The panzer commander is nice and dark yet this level of black is matched nowhere else in the image, even the shaded area under the panzer. The commander is somewhat in focus yet the building sign that is about the same distance to camera is out of focus and lacking contrast. Furthermore the troops standing to the rear of the panzer are again also quite sharp. I suspect a put-together.

Quote by Skam View Post
    This is SS. Judging by an emblem on a garrison cap.
    Definitely not. In the unlikely event, two emblems (a skull badge a n d an eagle insignia) should be spotted on the cap.
    MP

The unit insignia identifies the 13th reinforced Police Armoured Company [ 13. verstärkten Polizei-Panzer-Kompanie] , whose 4th platoon had four or five PzKpfW. IV Ausf. F1 tanks. The unit was stationed in Marseille (Souther France) between February 1943 and July 1943 and assigned to SS Police Regiment “Griese” (later renamed 14th SS police Regiment). This formation was commanded by col. Griese , who can be seen on the foreground at right wearing a leather oevrcoat. The signpost reads rue Chateau Joly , a street in Marseille not far from the harbour being negotiated by vehicle n° 727 (if memory serves me). The same tank can be seen in other period photographs taken in the area. Too much conjecture on photomontage, by the way.
    MP