Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel

Article about: From what I have read these were used on uniforms without shoulder straps. Is the rank for an Oberfeuerwehrmann?? Would these also have been used by the Freiwillige Feuerwehren, or where onl

Default Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel

From what I have read these were used on uniforms without shoulder straps. Is the rank for an Oberfeuerwehrmann?? Would these also have been used by the Freiwillige Feuerwehren, or where only tabs without pips used by them?
    Appreciate all help!
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel   Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel
    P
    Many

According to the 1934 regulations, crimson red velvet collar patches with black edging were for Volunteer Firemen [Frw. Feuerwehren] ranking from Feuerwehmänner to Löschmeister (pro firefighters had the colours reversed).

The jacket had no shoulder cords when in fire-fighting order of dress and rank was denoted by (0 to 2) rank pips on the patches. Yes, one rank pip each is Oberfeuerwehrmänner .

I am still struggling somewhat with the difference between Frw. Feuerwehren and Pflichtfeuerwehren insignia.
    But this helps me.
    Thank you, Marco.
    Stig

Originally, blank carmine collar patches with black piping were also worn by "enlisted" ranks of the Freiwillige Feuerwehren [Volunteer Fire Brigades] (as mentioned in post # 2).

From 1940 on, all ranks of the Freiwillige Feuerwehren wore unpiped carmine collar patches with double Litzen, while the Pflichtfeuerwehren [Compulsory Fire Brigades] retained the old collar patches without Litzen until the end of the war. Otherwise, they wore the same insignia the Freiwillige Feuerwehren.

Pflichtfeuerwehren Kragenspiegel
    Collar patch for Freiwillige Feuerwehren, Anwärter to Obertruppführer/Meister 1940 - 1945

Thank you, Andreas. From the replies from you both I know more now!
    Stig

Thanks to HPL2008 for replying. Just for the record:
    the Berufsfeuerwehren were a professional fire-fighting force and were present in most county seats. The majority was absorbed in the Feuerschutzpolizei in 1938-1939.
    The Freiwillige Feuerwehren were a volunteer, municipal fire-fighting force.
    The Pflichtfeuerwehren were a compulsory fire service made of members drafted in the moment of need.

Of course, Berufs-, Freiwillige and Pflichtfeuerwehren still exist today, although the latter are rather rare.

One of the reasons I am a member here is that people with a vast bag of knowledge bother to help others get some of the contents. So, thank you both and to everybody that helps me and other individuals here on this forum!!!
    Stig