Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?

Article about: If anyone has thoughts about the authenticity of these 3 pieces I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Adam

Default Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?

If anyone has thoughts about the authenticity of these 3 pieces I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?   Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?  

Attached Images Attached Images Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?  Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?  Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?  Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?
    P
    Many

Default re: Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?

These are fine IMO !

Usually the silver coating is worn completely from the police bagde at center
    leaving a total grey zinc finish.

Regards,

Steve.

Default re: Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?

You're referring to the above gold-looking police badge in this group and not the one that I have posted here below. Is this one below authentic? I assume what you're saying about it retaining the silver is a good thing as far as condition.

Thanks, Steve
    -Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?   Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?  

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    You're referring to the above gold-looking police badge in this group and not the one that I have posted here below. Is this one below authentic? I assume what you're saying about it retaining the silver is a good thing as far as condition.

Thanks, Steve
    -Adam

Hi, Adam !

Both little pins are good. The little silver police badge in the middle with "1942"
    on a banner is the one i was reffering to, not the cap badge. Cap badge above is
    aluminum and will corrode over time rather than tarnish or rust or have
    the finish wear off.

The little police badges were finely plated "silver" as were all the zinc coins of
    the war-time period originally, and a lot of pins and badges too.
    ( I have two coins in "AU" condition, with some plating left. Almost every
    single 1, 5, and 10 Pfenig coin you see today is grey zinc because the original
    coating is worn completely away.............)

Regards,

Steve.

Got it...thanks!

?

all 3 are Ok !

Default Re: Police cap badge, Police WHW tinnie and Heer marksmans lanyards badge: authentic pieces or not?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    If anyone has thoughts about the authenticity of these 3 pieces I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Photo number two is a 3KWHW-RSS Tag der Polizei donation badge (T461), zinc, and distributed by the Polizei and the TN on 14.2/15.2.1942.