Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Police gorget, assmann marked

Article about: Hi all,,,would like to hear comments on this item,,thanks in advance,,,robert

Default Police gorget, assmann marked

Hi all,,,would like to hear comments on this item,,thanks in advance,,,robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police gorget, assmann marked   Police gorget, assmann marked  

Attached Images Attached Images Police gorget, assmann marked 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police gorget, assmann marked
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi police gorget,assmann marked

Well it is a police gorget and it is Assmann marked. But these have been faked extensively and without seeing it person there is NO telling. One other point, this is a police parade gorget and NOT a feldpolizei or feldgendarmerie patrol gorget. This is just for decoration. A field worn gorget would be able to glow in the dark.

-Martin

Default Re: Nazi police gorget,assmann marked

It is a fake piece; an attempt to duplicate a Polizei Fahnentraeger Ringkragen - Police Standard Bearer Gorget. The finish is incorrect as is the eagle which was taken from a parade cartridge box. Assmann did not produce original gorgets. This gorget has been around. Here is another photo of it from a few years ago.Police gorget, assmann marked
    Last edited by Poloberst; 10-26-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Question Re: Police gorget, assmann marked

Hi,

what's about this one please, seems to be a fake too !
    also "Assmann" marked...

thanks

P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police gorget, assmann marked   Police gorget, assmann marked  

Police gorget, assmann marked  

Default Re: Police gorget, assmann marked

Unfortunately your gorget seems identical to the one above it and is also bad Pascal. I hesitate to place an image of mine on the forum for fear of repro-artists. Do you have a copy of the older gorget book from the 1970s. The only one in print, though I understand Saris has prepared a monumental book on all gorgets. I have a draft of a small article on police gorgets prepared for The Military Advisor.

a typical nonsense gorget. The symbol for the police should anyway be much larger
    and cover most of the gorget front. There is one feature that attracts immediately
    when you compare this gorget with an original one. It has to do with the wings of
    the eagle and the wreath.
    Compare the shown gorgets with the one on page 114 from the Deeter/Odegard book
    "Gorgets of the Third Reich" and you will see for yourself!

Thank you for the opinions, confirms my own first impression