Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polizai Admin Uniform

Article about: I found this Police tunic at my parents place. I forgot I left it in a closet there since 2004. It's in fabulous condition made by Oscar Lang. Hope you guys like it 😊

Default Polizai Admin Uniform

I found this Police tunic at my parents place. I forgot I left it in a closet there since 2004. It's in fabulous condition made by Oscar Lang. Hope you guys like it 😊
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizai Admin Uniform   Polizai Admin Uniform  

Polizai Admin Uniform   Polizai Admin Uniform  

Polizai Admin Uniform   Polizai Admin Uniform  

Polizai Admin Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizai Admin Uniform
    P
    Many

The silver bullion on the collar tabs, shoulder straps, and eagle sleeve patch are in superb condition.

a great tunic indeed.

Very nice, but allow me to remark that it is no "admin" uniform.

Shades of red can be very deceiving on digital photographs viewed on computer monitors, and I can't quite decide whether the branch color is wine red or bright red. Wine red [weinrot] was for the Schutzpolizei der Gemeinden [Municipal Police], bright red [hochrot] for the Verkehrspolizei [Traffic Police].

The twin underlay (branch color + brown) on the shoulder boards means the rank of this man was Revierleutnant:

When the ranks of Obermeister, Inspektor and Oberinspektor were abolished in 1940, police personnel holding these ranks were promoted to officer ranks.
    They formed the new category of Revieroffiziere [Precinct Officers]/Bezirksoffiziere [District Officers] (the latter being the designation used in the Gendarmerie and Feuerschutzpolizei). Their rank designations (from Leutnant to Hauptmann) were prefixed by Revier-/Bezirks- and their shoulder boards had a secondary underlay in the color of their uniform facings in addition to the branch color underlay.

The original owner of this tunic had once been an Obermeister who was then elevated to officer rank and promoted to Revierleutnant.

Thank you so very much for the information HPL2008. BTW it's a bright red color. Is this a uncommon tunic? I simply like it for the quality is second to none.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    BTW it's a bright red color. Is this a uncommon tunic? I simply like it for the quality is second to none.
    Sorry; I don't collect police material (or uniforms in general), so I am not in touch with the market and cannot comment on its relative rarity.

Thank you again for all of the information you provided

Don't know much about the tunic other than to say it is one of the nicest I have seen! Would have been hard to forget about that one. Bob

Thank you Bob. I left it on a move when I took care of my ailing grandmother. Placed it with other things in an upstairs closet at the rents place. Poof! Gone for over a decade😐

Plus I have quite a few uniforms I picked up over the years. A new found treasure once again. I showed a friend the tunic last night. He wanted to buy it! He loved the minty condition, and all of that silver bullion!

- - ------- - -

BTW thank you Mr. Stevenson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast