Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei black and silver flat wire cap eagle

Article about: Hi All I have posted this query in the SS forum but thought I would also post it in this forum once I saw it -- I was wondering if anyone could please help me with this question - was the ov

MJC
    ?

Default Polizei black and silver flat wire cap eagle

Hi All

I have posted this query in the SS forum but thought I would also post it in this forum once I saw it -- I was wondering if anyone could please help me with this question - was the overseas Polizei black and silver flat wire cap eagle used only by the SS Polizei formations? I've spent a fair amount of time searching for information but haven't found the answer yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei black and silver flat wire cap eagle
    P
    Many

MJC
    ?

Photo of insignia
    Attached Images Attached Images Polizei black and silver flat wire cap eagle 

I have accidentally come across your query still awaiting a reply.
    It depends what you mean by “SS-Polizei” : this may indicate the early-war POLIZEI-DIVISION, both the 4th and 35th SS Police Divisions and, especially, the Police field regiments as of Febr. 24th, 1943.
    Your eagle is the standard national emblem displayed by the officers of all Order Police branches (Schutzpolizei, Feuerschutzpolizei, Gendarmerie etc.). Before their uniforms and insignia were transmuted to Waffen-SS standards in 1942, officers of the POLIZEI-DIVISION / SS- POLIZEI-DIVISION did use this pattern of cap eagle. The same applies to officers of the Police Regiments / SS-Police Regiments.
    MP