Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei Cap badge for review

Article about: I have this unmarked Polizei cap badge. There is no silver finish remaining. While inspecting the badge, I have noticed holes on the top of the wings like the material was sheared too closel

Default Polizei Cap badge for review

I have this unmarked Polizei cap badge. There is no silver finish remaining. While inspecting the badge, I have noticed holes on the top of the wings like the material was sheared too closely. It appears to be a manufacturing defect. This makes me question its originality. I am looking for opinions. Thanks to all!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Cap badge for review   Polizei Cap badge for review  

Polizei Cap badge for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Cap badge for review
    P
    Many

No expert on these but it might be a late war zinc model!..

Thanks, Gunny. That is what I think but I'd like to make sure before placing it up for sale.

?

Gunny is right.

Thank you, Steve.

Look carefully It is marked on the chests back GLD. And It is that very late war zink indeed.

?

I like the striping that occurs on zinc insignia. It seems to be a nice sign of originality.

Thanks, Sid. If you had not pointed that out I would have completely missed it. I'm not very good at finding hidden objects . . .
    Thanks, Erno, I thought that was a good indicator but like to make sure.

A sound, late specimen.
    There is not necessarily a causal relationship between a manufacturing defect and non-authenticity, unless one has a blind faith in the myth of the (too) much vaunted Teutonic precision. Faulty Third Reich's (and others' as well) relics are not that uncommon and quality of the late production sometimes left much to be desidered.
    MP