Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polizei shoulderboards

Article about: Yes I have personally owned Vet boards and tabs. No they were not part of the ASPCA. I had actually asked about this in an earlier thread. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deutsc...e-eagle-1789

Default Polizei shoulderboards

Hi guys,

I bought a helmet from my favorite dealer today. He made an error while he was ringing me up which would have lost him $100. I pointed out his mistake, so he ended up giving me these for free! It was really nice of him.

The boards themselves are nothing special, and they are not matching, however these were part of a large group of German insignia that was brought back by a local 101st Airborne veteran. I will get his name and info when I see him next. It's funny how simple, common items become so much more when there is vet provenance attached to them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei shoulderboards   Polizei shoulderboards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei shoulderboards
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Polizei shoulderboards

Well done!!!! See karma!!!

Now you have something you would not normally have got, with a great story....

I was just talking to someone today about a similar situation. BRAVO! Honesty at it's finest!

Thanks guys, I will try to get the vet info asap.

Could someone please explain to me the difference between police farben? I have seen orange, reddish pink, and green.

Orange - Rural Police - "Gendarmerie"
    Reddish Pink - Fire Police
    Green - City Police - Schutzpolizei

Do you want more than that? Because Yellow is Water Police, Black Veterinary Police, Gray/white is Admin, Wine Red is Municipal (between city and rural in size).

BTW, these boards are Meister of Rural Police.... WHICH ARE MY FAVORITE!

Thanks Martin, that was very helpful. That info has been a little hard to find.

A pair of matching veterinary police boards would be a nice thing to have. I don't think I have ever seen any, have you? Were they just a German version of the ASPCA?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A pair of matching veterinary police boards would be a nice thing to have. I don't think I have ever seen any, have you? Were they just a German version of the ASPCA?
    No; the Veterinärdienst (VetD) [= Veterinary Service] of the German Police was responsible for the veterinary care for the Police's service dogs and -horses (including horseshoeing) and also participated in animal epidemic control.

That makes sense. I suppose the Nazis weren't too concerned about animal cruelty. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast