Re: Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..
Sorry, It's a reproduction.
04-06-2012 07:36 PM
Stands out like dogs balls that they are fake.
1. The dies are exceptionally sharp.
2. There is NO wear on the surfaces, edges or in the upper area of the chain link hole.
3. There is no chemical reactions from oxygen, oxidised and acidic oils reacting with the alloy, finger print stains, humidity, wool or cotton reactions etc., etc....
4. The number stamps are a shoddy job with standard workshop numbering stamps, rather than craftsman style lettering stamps.
5. The german stamps are locked into a block that alignes them and has uniform pressure and depth of the embedding.
6. The metal alloy looks like it's from a modern die casting alloy - that is used to make belt buckles.
7. The set of dies used to cast them in, also looks like it's make by a competent, but not flawless die maker, again from a place that makes genuinely good belt buckles - well with high detail and of a durable design.
8. Not sure of exactly how many of these were made or when they came into production, but on a statistical basis, a low hundreds number, would have been in use and circulation for far longer than a high thousands number - and like a series of coins minted in say 1930, then 1935, then in 1940, and then in 1945, they eariest sets, would be more or less uniformly worn by a similar amount, than the later sets in the later years. Sure on a statistical basis, some would be in almost pristine condition and others would have been severely worn but the averaged wear after say 6 years of war and 60 years of storage and handling etc.,
These LOOK more or less brand new - and obviously fake.
Still given the prices and scarcity of the real things in very good condition, if they cleaned up the numbering a whole heap - and had proper lettering stamps made up - I'd give them $20 a disk...
They are very good.
The one thing that I do like about the Nazi corporate branding is that their workmanship was generally excellent.
I don't give a **** for anyones politics, but I like very high grade and detailed art work.
Last edited by Larry C; 01-10-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Watch your language .."Adolf" on the last line of your post..this is not a truck stop or any other unruly forum. Please change your user name as it will attract unwanted criticism against you..which will lead to a thread closure...and also a total banning of individuals..who dont know better but are looking for a fight. Including yourself.
NO...we dont do that here..and here it stops! It is advisable to make these changes quickly. Regards Larry
It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!!
- Larry C
One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C
“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill
Not so much a 'fantasy item' as a 'nightmare' one! ........ blech!!!!
" When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "