Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

Article about: OK, i came across this, and planning on buying it, everything about it seems right, its NON-MAGNETIC, just like it should be, and the letters " E ' and " I " seem good on it.

Default Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

OK, i came across this, and planning on buying it, everything about it seems right, its NON-MAGNETIC, just like it should be, and the letters " E ' and " I " seem good on it.

Ive checked with the site Adrian recommends, and i cannot find anything wrong with it, it is such great shape, as it has been wrapped up in cloth, and tucked away for many years.

This looks nothing like the garbage you see eBay, and Ioffer...

Please let me know what you all think.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..   Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..
    P
    Many

Default Re: Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..

I have not seen many of these, but I checked some sites, and I agree with you. There seems to be nothing wrong with it.

At what i bought this for, as i sent them the payment through paypal today, i could not find anything wrong with it either.

Ive looked at the fakes online, and i could see a big difference in them and this one, I could not find a single thing wrong with this one at all.

It looks brand new, but it has been wrapped up in a piece of cloth since they put it a jewelry box, well over 40 years ago.

So they tell me..

Brian

Yeah, I was interested, as I have never seen one before. I compared it to fakes also, and there were noticeable differences. Nice addition to your collection! (That is, if it is genuine )

I have checked multiple sites, and i could not find a single wrong with it, it is non-magnetic, unlike majority of the fakes are all magnetic.

The letter " E " and " I " are correct, and the eagle has very sharp lines, as are the letters " A " s are perfect also.

And the owners number " 643 ", were individually stamped, not like as if they was made when the item was made, like the fakes are made. Plus you can tell each number was stamped by an individual number stamp.

Hmmm. If I were you have Don Bible to check it out. I think he charges either $100.00 or $150.00 but it is worth EVERY penny. It sure is MINTY. Here is a pic of one that has been certified by Don and might still be for sale. Take a look at this one and make your own decision.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..   Secret Police disc (Geheime Staatspolizei) GESTAPO DISK..  

Now that you have posted that picture, it looks like the line the numbers are stamped on is lower. And the numbers themselves are a different font. Also, on the wreath the eagle is holding, the cross-hatches at the bottom of the certified one are smaller, less distinct, and there are two of them. The cross hatching at the top of the wreath is (at least judging by the picture provided) supposed to be the same as the bottom in a different direction, not two contradicting columns. As I said previously, I have no experience with these, so there is always room to ere.

The photo of the first one is deceptively at an angle so that key points cannot be discerned. But it appears to be one of the Polish fakes introduced in the 1990s and pointed out in Don's work. You write that the "I"s and "E"s look fine, but ti me the ends of the "E"s are show exactly the problems of the Polish fakes. But the most obvious fault is the numerals of the disc. They are poorly engraved or stamped with a ridiculous die stamp that is nowhere near the quality of the other shown here #3259 that I have seen myself and know to be authentic. Finally the first disc displays the silver satin finish characteristic of the Polish fakes. Get your money back.

Ok, thank you all for the info, I bought my SS cloth books,and yet so many books to buy, I guess my next one will be on these disc.

Many thanks
    Brian

Glad you came to that conclusion! .

If it matters, the picture of the disk I supplied is for sale for around
    $8500.00 or a bit less now. Anyone interested I can give you the sellers information, just PM me. By the way, it's a collector and not a dealer.

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast