Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Article about: Hello gents...I am being offered this Gorget and I know nothing about them. Here are some pictures and I am sorry they are not better quality but all I had at the time was my phone. He is as

Default WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Hello gents...I am being offered this Gorget and I know nothing about them. Here are some pictures and I am sorry they are not better quality but all I had at the time was my phone. He is asking 200.00 for this piece and if it is real I will probably buy it if that is a good value??

Thank you
    Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??   WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??  

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??   WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??  

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??   WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Does it glow? ..... just looks too clean for something so easily scuffed.
    If it is good then $200 is the bargain of the year !
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Does it glow? ..... just looks too clean for something so easily scuffed.
    If it is good then $200 is the bargain of the year !
    Dan
    It glows in the dark...but I think it is supposed to. Yes I know it looks very clean and that is why I did not take out my money right then. To me clean = reproduction.

Devin

Glowing is good - many repros don't go to the trouble of using that paint - the signs are looking good!!
    see what others say but it would convince me so far!

Cheers, Dan

Opinions?? I would like to buy this tomorrow if it is good!! Thanks!

Devin

Just read some other threads and consensus seems to be that the backing needs to be cardboard like this, not felt? ..... so now I am unsure!!!

Sorry, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please?? 

Real ones can cost from 800 to over 1000, so somebody selling it for 200 would send up a red flag for me, I was looking to buy one awhile ago but changed my mind after hearing how many of these were faked in the 70's right down to the glowing paint, this one looks too new, almost mint, would be nice if its real, search some threads on here, I know there are some about what the eagle and swaz should look like, also the link holders in the chain should be bent over each other and not soldered together, but the backing can be cloth or paper, hopefully that helps, for me there were just too big of a chance of it being fake for me to buy one. good luck.

?

Well, its in the wrong forum as this is an Army Gorget, nothing to do with the Police, but anyway, nothing wrong with this one, a textbook Maedicke Feldgendarmerie gorget. Gorgets by this maker virtually always have a cloth, not card backing.

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Well, its in the wrong forum as this is an Army Gorget, nothing to do with the Police, but anyway, nothing wrong with this one, a textbook Maedicke Feldgendarmerie gorget. Gorgets by this maker virtually always have a cloth, not card backing.
    Redcap thank you I was hoping that it was a good Gorget and I was told is was worn by the SS police but I am still learning German militaria so this is very useful info. I purchased it anyway so now it is in my collection. I will post better photos.

Default Re: WWII German Army Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Here are some better photos of the Gorget for viewing my friends. This Gorget seems to be in near mint condition and is noww part of my collection. Thanks for all those who helped with my decision on the purchase.

Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??   WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast