Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review

Article about: 3rd Reich WW2 issued Ordnungspolizei combat restyled visor hat Thank you for reading my post and inviting me to this wonderful site. I made a significant trade with Espenlaub for this visor

Default WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review

3rd Reich WW2 issued Ordnungspolizei combat restyled visor hat
    Thank you for reading my post and inviting me to this wonderful site. I made a significant trade with Espenlaub for this visor hat a few days ago, hopefully it should arrive in the next week or two. I hope the package makes it in one piece. I have never done business overseas, so I am a bit sceptical. I do have a question, Research as taught me that there is no significant difference between the Schutzpolizei and Ordnungspolizei, except war time distribution into occupied countries. Please correct me if I am wrong. So my main question is what makes this visor hat Orpo or Shupo? For those who respond, thank you. Gruss Gott!
    With best regards,
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul Wellnitz View Post
    I do have a question, Research as taught me that there is no significant difference between the Schultzpolizei and Ordnungspolizei, except war time distribution into occupied countries.
    The Schutzpolizei [not Schultzpolizei] was a branch of the Ordnungspolizei (thus every member of the Schupo was a member of the Orpo, but not vice versa):

The Ordnungspolizei [Order Police] was the uniformed police, which included the Schutzpolizei, Gendarmerie, Feuerschutzpolizei etc. The Sicherheitspolizei [Security Police] was the plain-clothes police, which included the Kriminalpolizei and the Gestapo.

The visor is for the Schutzpolizei des Reiches, as we can tell from the toxic green branch color.

Thank you HPL2008 for your response and knowledge. I have made a correction to my spelling, bad typo. As I understand it every member of the Schupo was a member of the Orpo. Thank you for your knowledge. When I purchased this item I recognised it as a Schupo visor, but as I understand the two groups both Orpo and Schupo shared the same toxic green piping.
    With best regards

There is no such thing as Orpo piping.

The Orpo consisted of various police branches, each with its distinctive branch color. (Toxic green for Schutzpolizei des Reiches, orange for Gendarmerie, crimson for Feuerschutzpolizei, bright red for Verkehrspolizei etc. ...)

Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Paul Wellnitz; 01-21-2017 at 02:35 PM.

MAP
    ?

I've uploaded one of the photos from the site (there were too many).

WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a VERY appealing cap!

Thank you all for your help and kind words, HPL2008, MAP, and Arran. Thank you MAP for posting the picture. I do need to thank Friedrich-Berthold for his extensive knowledge in regards to III Reich Visor Caps, and the collector contacts in this circle. I have spent the better part of my life collecting a small amount of personal items to better understand the time period and especially their forgotten views and day to day life.
    This Schupo Visor Hat arrived yesterday morning and I could not be more joyful. I will post more pictures when I can use my daughters camera and she can show me how to upload on an outdated Ipad. For now, this visor cap came with a piece of newspaper tucked under the front band which I thought would be for a better fit for the original owner but it is too thin and small to handle that accommodation. I am not one to ever mess with or pull at such things, but since my background has involved handling old surveying maps I decided to pull it out with hopes that I could at least date this hat to a certain year. Well I got lucky so to speak since my German is rusty at best. Most of the dates refer to early and mid 1942 in and around Berlin. One article makes mention to the Luftwaffe dealing with British Spitfires over the Island of Malta. Some of the periodical section of the newspaper deals contract business posts, local business advertisements, and local soldaten information. Not sure if the named soldaten periodical posts are death notices or just local recruitment info. Almost all of the business adds include addresses and phone numbers. I will always wonder if the owner of this visor had some sort of tie to one of these articles, since the paper does not help with the fit of the cap. Was he just a Schupo in Berlin or a member who served in an occupied territory? We will never know. Maybe one of these days I will find a better way to preserve the newspaper for future generations so they can translate it accordingly. I hope to be the best custodian of this visor and pass it down to someone else down the road. Thank you all for taking the time to read my post, and for all who have been an inspiration and source of priceless knowledge.
    Best regards
    Last edited by Paul Wellnitz; 02-01-2017 at 01:15 AM.

MAP
    ?

Uploading for the OP.....Nice cap!

WWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for reviewWWII Ordnungspolizei visor cap for review
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you so much MAP for posting these pictures so everyone can enjoy and appreciate this Schutzpolizei visor hat. The constant support and help from the gracious members on this website is beyond priceless.
    This visor hat will reside in a glass case to preserve it for future generations.
    Last edited by Paul Wellnitz; 02-04-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast