Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig

Article about: Photos below of my recently purchased 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle. Maker is RHEIN METALL / BORSIG (Düsseldorf). Chemical compound marking of GAl - Mg (Hy). Some History On the Maker:

?

Default 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig

Photos below of my recently purchased 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle. Maker is RHEIN METALL / BORSIG (Düsseldorf). Chemical compound marking of GAl - Mg (Hy.

Some History On the Maker:

Rheinmetall-Borsig AG was a German Armament manufacturing company founded on 13 April 1889 Heinrich Ehrhardt, They not only produced armaments but aircraft rockets, missiles, vehicles. The railway locomotive manufacturer August Borsig GmbH was taken over in 1933. This led to the merger in 1936 giving Rheinmetall-Borsig AG. The Reichswehr placed a contract with Rheinmetall for a tank design leading to the Neubaufahrzeug (a cover name meaning "new construction vehicle"—as tank production was still banned). The company went on to produce guns for tanks used by the Wehrmacht (such as those used on the Tiger I and Panther tanks) and anti-tank guns.

Production facilities were damaged by Allied bombing during World War II leading to relocation in eastern Germany and Poland. In the immediate post-war military production was banned and it was not until 1956 that arms production started again. The company name changed to Rheinmetall Berlin AG. Borsig built a number of famous locomotives, among which was the world speed record holder DRG Class 05, the first steam locomotive to hit 200 km/h. The last of a total of 16,352 locomotives was built in 1954. The rest of the company went to Rheinmetall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig   27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig  

27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig   27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig  

27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig   27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig  

Attached Images Attached Images 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig 
    Last edited by Rossi; 12-30-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 27" Deutsche Reichsbahn Eagle - Rhein Metall / Borsig
    P
    Many

Very nice Kirk!
    Unfortunate that someone felt it necessary to drill holes to mount it.
    Congrats! This should look great in your collection room.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph. Debating on how I will be displaying the bird. Considering creating a metal panel with rivets, rustic dark paint finishing and industrial feel to it like that of the German rail cars. It would be the backdrop to the Eagle. Just not sure as of yet.

Possibly using the holes that were drilled to mount onto backdrop.
    Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Kirk!
    Unfortunate that someone felt it necessary to drill holes to mount it.
    Congrats! This should look great in your collection room.
    Ralph.

I am sure you will come up with something that will look fine!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Is this the one from JR meda? I was looking at one very similar on there site only yesterday.

They look good, always fancied one myself.

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Is this the one from JR meda?
    It looks as this one is the same. Nice bird in this size. A pity for the
    drilled holes, but they are a great help to make a good display!
    I guess the yellow tone is caused due to photographing?

?

Thanks Wilhelm. Correct and look forward to your book.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    It looks as this one is the same. Nice bird in this size. A pity for the
    drilled holes, but they are a great help to make a good display!
    I guess the yellow tone is caused due to photographing?

MAP
    ?

Finally! Patience pays off.

Nice looking Bird. Will look fantastic in your war room!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice bird Kirk. Will display nice just about any way!! Wondering if someone had it hung with hooks and light chain looking at the holes and notches.

Steve

?

Congrats Bro, That will display very nicely in the War Room. I like the idea of making it look like its on a train.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast