Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

28inch RR eagle added to collection today

Article about: Rob, I just came upon this thread and have to congratulate you on your splendid railway eagle. I like the fact that all the original nuts are there as well - It is a real beauty ! Great coll

Default 28inch RR eagle added to collection today

Hey dudes! Well, I took the plunge! I've long wanted to add a railroad eagle to my collection and the piece arrived today! A larger 28 inch example manufactured by PS....no one knows the exact name of this maker - now there's a project!

I wanted to make sure I got a legit example as the repros are getting better and better so I was quite pleased when this one came up for sale from Lakesidetrader. Paul had even checked with JR for his take on this eagle to make sure it was legit. I'm comfortable in assuming this one is legit. It's a first for me....so I wasn't taking any chances...

From what I gather - PS is the only maker to actually size stamp their eagles: 720 is 720mm (roughly 28inches). I assume BLN stands for Berlin.

Lots of pics to load....Here we go...Man, I really like this piece. I would almost consider this a piece of TR art!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 28inch RR eagle added to collection today   28inch RR eagle added to collection today  

28inch RR eagle added to collection today   28inch RR eagle added to collection today  

Attached Images Attached Images 28inch RR eagle added to collection today  28inch RR eagle added to collection today 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 28inch RR eagle added to collection today
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 28inch RR eagle added to collection today

indeed a very nice & impressive piece makes a very nice center piece & talking point of anyone's collection nice one mate

more pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 28inch RR eagle added to collection today   28inch RR eagle added to collection today  

Attached Images Attached Images 28inch RR eagle added to collection today  28inch RR eagle added to collection today 

I just can't get enough watching it!!!

Hey guys! Many thanks for the thumbs up! She's a keeper!

Cheers!

Rob

?

Big and nice quality Adler!!! Very nice Rob!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks guys! Yes, it has acquired a nice patina! I added a couple of period pics....if anyone else has any - I'd love to see 'em!
    Thanks in advance!
    Rob

Congrat Rob ! very nice piece !

Super Rob ! c est une piece extraordinaire ! pour te rassurer , j ai jamais vu de copy avec les vis en arriere c est un bon signe !
    j en ai deux , le premier 26 ' , 35' mais tout les deux Copy le petit , tres mauvaise copy , le grand par contre tres bonne copy , il est pas facille de voir la difference avec le vrai
    Last edited by Pierre N; 03-21-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Very nice Rob! i would love to have that piece in my room!

Thanks guys! Your input is much appreciated!

Rob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast