Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Boxcar eagle

Article about: Hello all, At an antique store that had some authentic smalls but some higher-end reproductions. Any thoughts on this railroad eagle for me? I sure could use Wilhelm Saris' book right now!!!

Default Boxcar eagle

Hello all,

At an antique store that had some authentic smalls but some higher-end reproductions. Any thoughts on this railroad eagle for me? I sure could use Wilhelm Saris' book right now!!!

is the large crack in the swastika due to a weak casting, or because its actually old?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boxcar eagle   Boxcar eagle  

Boxcar eagle   Boxcar eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boxcar eagle
    P
    Many

William: It's hard to make out that maker mark but I don't believe I've seen this maker before. That crack looks like it was made from the pressure applied to it from removal? I'm looking forward to other comments.

Luke

I want one of these, even a repro. One needs to turn up on my doorstep though. I do not fancy paying the international postage on that.

?

I remember in the 1980s a couple of these came on the market around the same time, I was told back then they were repros, but I am no expert on these things.

Dean O.

?

maybe good for comparing:

Sammlerstücke

well it certainly isn't a "one-looker" so I will just consider passing on this one. Thanks for the help guys!

William Kramer

?

ALUM, I thought this would have been a tad rare and needed for Aircraft, rather than decoration.

JUST MY THOUGHTS

Dean O