Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"

Article about: Hello All, Big Ned saved me from taking the big plunge on a bad eagle. Thanks again Ned! It didn't take long for me to find the real deal (or at least I hope ). Here's my first bird for ever

Default Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"

Hello All,

Big Ned saved me from taking the big plunge on a bad eagle. Thanks again Ned! It didn't take long for me to find the real deal (or at least I hope ). Here's my first bird for everyone's review. I'm not too sure what's going on with the green paint, but I'm not touching it. I guess it gives this bird character.

I'm new to this site and am loving every minute on here! It's a fantastic resource.

Berghof
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"   Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"  

Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"   Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"  

Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"   Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"
    P
    Many

What can one say....????

A cracking piece, well done!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Excellent! I got "The Man's" approval. Thank you Big Ned!

Default Hello...

My eagle also features green paint, take a look.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"   Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"  

?

Great Piece! Congrats!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Astrath View Post
    My eagle also features green paint, take a look.
    Astrath, You even had a stamp on the head. Very nice! It seems like you have a couple shades of green there. I wonder who painted it?..and why the backside? On mine, you can see a couple faint quick brush strokes. I was chalking it up to someone painting something above it and slobbered a bit on the eagle.

Very,very,very mean eagle! You should not pet this one, that's for sure!

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome and compliments guys! I'm already contemplating my next score...I just have figure out what it's going to be!

Quote by Berghof View Post
    Astrath, You even had a stamp on the head. Very nice! It seems like you have a couple shades of green there. I wonder who painted it?..and why the backside? On mine, you can see a couple faint quick brush strokes. I was chalking it up to someone painting something above it and slobbered a bit on the eagle.
    To my knowledge, the eagles are the final production line, have never been used, I was told that this ink was inserted at the factory, PS.
    Maybe yours is an earlier stage my eagle, I know that the PS have markings on the head, it would be an inspection mark.
    Perhaps its not take a full bath of ink, because the end of the war conditions, but is a suspect.
    All the best

I wonder if there are any blueprints or factory documents out there describing the processes for these birds? Another thing I wonder about is that you read how the soldiers hack sawed these eagles off of the trains. I don't see how they could. The birds appear to be pretty flush against the trains and if you were to approach it from the inside of the train, the bolts were flush against the panel that it was bolted to. I also tried to research where these factories were....and came up empty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast