Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

Article about: They are good pieces even if they are Repros. As I said originally I got them passed down by a family member and I have no real interest in them and I am not an expert in them either.

Default Re: German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

The first eagle I have never seen before on the internet. However I have no idea about any German memorabilia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

I know this eagle is different but it's the closest thing that I can find that's similar to the first eagle that you posted.
    Third Reich Wall Eagle

Luke

Thanks! and is that a genuine eagle?

I don't know.

Luke

haha :P Thanks for your help though it is much appreciated!

The eagle that Luke posted above appears to be made of plaster
    and gives no indication of size. It could even be from
    the same source.

The Reichbahn eagle is indeed a copy - note that where the
    integral threaded studs would have been on an original,
    only remnants of the bases are left. Reichbahn copies
    go for around $200-$250. I'd be interested in it
    for that amount.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    I know this eagle is different but it's the closest thing that I can find that's similar to the first eagle that you posted.
    Third Reich Wall Eagle

Luke

I've posted that one before in another thread (germanwarbooty, right?) and I think it was confirmed as a 70's production --

?

Neither is original. On original pieces the bosses and construction quality are more telling than makers marks
    Regards,
    John

Thank you for everyone's input it has helped a lot. So from this I know both are reproductions and around 250 each?

I wouldn't touch either if I was into collecting for history's sake. To me, pieces such as these are worthless novelty pieces... I'd rather start saving up for a good original railway eagle if I were you --- something I'm obviously not So, of course... up to you. I look at $250 (or whatever) for either of these as throwing money out of the window though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast