Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

Article about: They are good pieces even if they are Repros. As I said originally I got them passed down by a family member and I have no real interest in them and I am not an expert in them either.

Default German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

I have been handed down these two railroad eagles by a family member who passed away. He enjoyed collecting German Memorabilia. I have no idea if these are reproductions or originals and I am wondering how much they are worth?
    If anyone can shed some light on them It would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.   German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.  

German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.   German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.  

German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.   German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.  

German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

The first one is a reproduction.
    for the second one I am not a fain but would like to see better pictures.
    chris

Default Re: German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.

alright thankyou. And yes, I will try take more pictures of the silver one?

I never saw anything like that first one, I agree with chris on that one, the second one has a chance even though it looks purposly aged, but I do not know enough about them, you will most likely have to post better pictures of the bolts on the back, but wait for the experts to chime in.

Neither have I, which made me curious. And yes I will get around to posting better pictures. Thankyou

The key to these is the fixing bolts on the rear I believe. Good pics of them and any other markings will help. Also they come in specific sizes, so please measure from wingtip to wingtip.

Thankyou. The silver metal eagle is 35". The Bronze copper looking eagle is just a bit over 37".
    The fixings look modified to what they were originally (as the screws are new and shiny) so it was possible to hang on the wall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.   German Railroad Eagle, Dont know if they are original or reproductions.  

2nd one is either original or a very very good copy. I think it is okay.

The "G.AL. Mg.Si." stands for Galvanized Aluminum Magnesium Silicone

The silver eagle may be original? Amazing news Thank you for helping me

I studied these things for a few weeks when I was looking to buy one myself. The reverse design of the shoulders on the second one I have never seen before, so I don't know 100% if it is good or not at this point.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast