Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Railway Eagle

Article about: Hi, Can anyone tell me if this WWII German Railway Eagle is authentic? Thanks

Default German Railway Eagle

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if this WWII German Railway Eagle is authentic? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Railway Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Railway Eagle
    P
    Many

Hi Tim..hang tight someone will be along shortly to help in finding the answers you are seeking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Great looking eagle with a Plus - love these things on award plaques - if you get William Saris, Reichsbahn Eagles book youll see the one I have.
    Good catch & welcome to the forum
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Welcome Tim! Looks to be good. If you can I assume this was mounted to plaque from back with threaded rods or bolts? There is a makers mark usually on back in recesses of eagles body and wings. If you can separate and photo those marks we can advise on the maker if it is not permanently attached to panel.

Here is a great thread on these Birds: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deuts...hsbahn-eagles/

Also Mr. Saris's Book is a great study and read on these.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I still have a lot to learn evidently. Nice eagle.
    John

A pictures of the back would be helpful. I couldn't give a thumbs up till we saw the backside.

?

I personally would be hesitant on removing it from the plaque.. Leave well enough alone.. JMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I'm sure it'll come right off with no problem. If I were shelling out the coin for it, I would need to see the back.

The right wing looks like it has a phillips screw throught it into the wood?Maybe just a casting flaw, but if so that hurts the value some.The eagle itself looks good from the front,I would need to see the back if buying it,would want to see the markings and who knows what was done to the back.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    The right wing looks like it has a phillips screw throught it into the wood?
    It looks to me to be just some type of filler. The other wing does not have one so I suspect that it may have taken a bullet and was repaired to mount on the board.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast