Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wanted

Article about: Brand new to this forum. Spent a lot of my day at work searching for information on this topic, and it looks like this site has members with the most knowledgeable / useful information. Anyw

Default German "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wanted

Brand new to this forum. Spent a lot of my day at work searching for information on this topic, and it looks like this site has members with the most knowledgeable / useful information.

Anyway: My father is in the process of moving, and this weekend he "unloaded" a bunch of stuff on me including a lot of German WWII memorabilia, one of which is this eagle (pictures below).

German "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wantedGerman "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wanted

What I know about it, is that it has been in family for years and what I learned on the this site today - German railway eagle, lots of fake copies out there, etc.

Everyone can probably tell from the pics the following, but just some notes: mounting studs are not threaded (through holes in two of them for mounting, as well as two additional holes), in very good shape, casting looks very good (I'm an Engineer involved in Aluminum casting and mold looks to be permanent - not sand cast).

Looking to find out information on:
    real or repro.
    approximate value
    where / who to sell to.

I am not a collector (although what I read on this site really fascinates me) and it will probably go back into storage as I cannot display it (i.e. wife won't let me)

Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German "railway / railroad" Eagle - Information wanted
    P
    Many

?

Quite an interesting piece! Could you post some pictures of your other German militatia?

A nice genuine PS 23.75" locomotive eagle. Not sure of the price as these are going up quickly at this time. I'm guessing around $1800-$2000 perhaps a little more? Best hold out for other answers, but the bird is good.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    A nice genuine PS 23.75" locomotive eagle. Not sure of the price as these are going up quickly at this time. I'm guessing around $1800-$2000 perhaps a little more. Best hold out for other answers, but the bird is good.

Regards, Ned.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I agree with Ned!
    But, with the extra holes drilled through the front, I would estimate a little less.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum! Ned pretty much summed it up. Nice original PS bird. You could put it for sale in the classifieds here.

Luke

Thanks Ned.

It looks like you've provided some good unbiased opinions in the past and I appreciate your advice.

Quote by bex2112 View Post
    Thanks Ned.

It looks like you've provided some good unbiased opinions in the past and I appreciate your advice.
    No problem bex, always a pleasure.

You're not a cop by any chance are you?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks. I'll look at putting it up for sale in the classifieds.
    Last edited by bex2112; 08-10-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Ned the number was whi 1212 Scotland yard.