Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Large eagle and armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Article about: I couldn't find the right area to post this in,maybe the mods can move it to the correct area.Anyway do these look good?

Default Large eagle and armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

I couldn't find the right area to post this in,maybe the mods can move it to the correct area.Anyway do these look good?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated   Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated  

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated   Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated  

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated   Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated  

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated
    P
    Many

Hello Toecutter imo the eagle is a reproduction. It has a very rough cast reverse and lacks fine detail to the front especially the feet, which looks to have been heavily cleaned/polished. On the originals of this Manufacturer PS Pinter at Schwelm the lugs have a machine ground pattern at the base of the lugs. Of course other opinions are welcome. However I think the armband is a period original piece. Images of original PS eagle from Wim s excellent new book on Reicshbahn Eagles, armband from german war booty. Best regards.

Brian

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Hello Brian thanks for the opinion!I think the outside pics with the glare are not a true image.Here are some without the outside glare,the feet look pretty crisp to me.This one may have hung on a wall as it has a small threaded hole on center lug.More opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated   Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated  

?

It's a period 3rd Reich railroad eagle.

I hate betting against you toecutter, It's this reference that I find most damming from Wim's book, but as proven I ve been wrong before lol. I hope the best for you however. Kindest regards.

Brian

Large eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciatedLarge eagle and  armband,traincar?opinions appreciated

Thanks JRMeda!Are you the same JRMeda thats the author of the book Railroad Eagles of The Third Reich?Thanks Brian for the pics in Wims reference book,that eagle has a rather bad casting flaw on the back,probably why its cosidered a repo?.Brian I wouldnt bet against me either on this railroad eagle!Anyway best regards to you too,I asked for opinions good or bad and I appreciate them!

?

The eagle is "period"....... Period !

CBH
    ?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    The eagle is "period"....... Period !
    Have you written any Books on Reichsbahn Eagles????
    I believe William Saris would know whats real and whats fake.

?

I've had a couple of eagles over the years. You ?

CBH
    ?

You must be making these yourself and selling them Off.
    And I asked if you had written any Books?????

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast