Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rail cart egle J&Z, please help

Article about: I read a lot of posts about rail cart eagle, and I thought I knew how to spot a fake 100%. But, his one is giving me trouble. Its marked correctly but its missing some detail, so I’ll just l

Default Rail cart egle J&Z, please help

I read a lot of posts about rail cart eagle, and I thought I knew how to spot a fake 100%. But, his one is giving me trouble. Its marked correctly but its missing some detail, so I’ll just list what I see as a indication of a fake. Please tell me if I’m wrong. J&Z marking looks correct, from mold not stamped. LOK, RZA, BLN looks correct but RZA is typically followed by a number? This one is missing it. Metal content marking looks correct GAlMgSi. I don’t like the texture of the eagle, it looks rough??? I’m also concerned about the mounting studs, the bottom one is right in the middle of swastika. I know that J&Z had couple different designs but typically it’s below the swastika. Size is 26 ½ by 13 1/2 . Please let me know what you think.

Rail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please helpRail cart egle J&Z, please help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rail cart egle J&Z, please help
    P
    Many

Looks poorly cast, to me...but Big Ned is the man to see about these eagles!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Looks poorly cast, to me...but Big Ned is the man to see about these eagles!

That's what I thought, but you never know......... may be a good fake. Big Ned HELP............

J&Z is known for quality eagles. This is not one of them. The "sandy" surface
    of the front is not at all comfortable! Normally the finish of J&Z eagles is extraordinary!

That was my first impression, but again a lot of things look good...... like the casting in the back. Normally the eagle and swastika are one solid piece on reproductions, this one has good details.......

Definitely 100% fake. Seen this one on here before. The mounting points are in the wrong location for a J&Z. In addition, the surface is extremely rough (rough casting). The surface should be smooth like this example:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rail cart egle J&Z, please help   Rail cart egle J&Z, please help  

I'm with the rest; no doubt a rough post-war cast eagle. I don't have a "27" inch J&Z but I do have one in the smaller "24" inch size by this maker and, I must say, the detail put into these by this particular maker is really unmistakable. I think the J&Z "24" inchers must have the most detailed reverse out there, really nice quality -- crisp detail.

Rail cart egle J&Z, please help

BTW - Ned already commented on this eagle. He said it was one of the better quality fakes out there, but he said it was fake. He must be on vacation or something.

An eagle with a wingspan of 60.0 or 68.0 cm always should have four studs,
    according to official, technical drawings from the RZA. But "rules" were often
    offended! And so swastika's should not be black, but whatever!

The book....Wilhelm....we need the book! Any word on when we will be able to purchase your book?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast