Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

railway eagle good or bad ??

Article about: Hi all , Well I have a railway eagle I would like your opinions of . It is 23 3/4" X 13 3/8" . The postes are unfinished , and it is marked " SP LOK 600 GAL- Mg Si " and

?

Default railway eagle good or bad ??

Hi all ,
    Well I have a railway eagle I would like your opinions of . It is 23 3/4" X 13 3/8" . The postes are unfinished , and it is marked " SP LOK 600 GAL- Mg Si " and " LOK RZA5 BERL " Please look at the pictures .
    Thank You Dave !!
    Attached Images Attached Images railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ??  railway eagle good or bad ?? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement railway eagle good or bad ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: railway eagle good or bad ??

No brainer there. Its good

?

Thank You !!!
    Dave

That is a GORGEOUS looking eagle !
    Such detail !................

Regards,

Steve.

?

does look nice. Curious about the studs. An unfinished example? Perhaps for mouint on a building? I have a damaged with simimilar.

Regards

?

Thank You for the comments . I believe the studs just have not been finished from when it was cast . They have to put a taper on them so they will release from the mold .
    Dave

Hi dave,
    What a lovely looking eagle, and the detail is very good, i would like to get one for the collection. thanks for showing in such detail
    you have help my project,
    Regards Dave.

?

Quote by davekj View Post
    Thank You for the comments . I believe the studs just have not been finished from when it was cast . They have to put a taper on them so they will release from the mold .
    Dave

Thanks.

Mine are not so tapered. IMO, do not need a taper to remove, just no negatives/undercuts. You can pull a perfectly round cylinder from a mold no problem.

The going theory on mine is removed from a damaged factory and never actually mounted. Not saying yours is bad, but is odd there are so many unfinished ones about. I mean, I can see them being finished and never deployed, but odd never finished as this would only take a few minutes at the factory.

Also, interested in the history of mounting at the job site. I'd normally think there was a standardized bolt pattern such that the rail car could be pre-drilled and the eagle later mounted. Yet, there are different stud positions on good ones, and different sizes.

Was this something that was custom fit for each rail mounting?

Regards

nice eagle detail on legs says GOOD to me thanx for showing,
    Ronnie