Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichbahn Eagle?

Article about: I have dug through a lot of previous threads on these, but have not seen one by Rhein Metall Borsig anywhere. The detail on the reverse looks poor and mounting bosses are not ones i've seen

?

Default Reichbahn Eagle?

I have dug through a lot of previous threads on these, but have not seen one by Rhein Metall Borsig anywhere. The detail on the reverse looks poor and mounting bosses are not ones i've seen on an original before. More pics and size have been requested from the seller.
    Can anyone shed any light on this please?
    Reichbahn Eagle?Reichbahn Eagle?Reichbahn Eagle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichbahn Eagle?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Reichbahn Eagle?

It would take a lot more detailed pictures. So far I'm not liking the construction from those posted and it looks like a reproduction.

Dimensions?

Take a look at this thread.
    28" Railroad Eagle, any idea of Maker? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Regards,
    John

?

Would have to agree with John -looking at the detail of the feathering etc -post 45

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

There is something wrong with the studs. Seen many,
    many eagles, but not ever a stud in this form. It gives
    me the creeps.
    But above all the marking. The marking Rheinmetall-Borsig
    is never shown in this way within a poorly, raised square.

For me it is a forged specimen.

Looks like it's poorly detailed overall to the front, the upper row of feathers on the left wing looks especially suspicious, as noted earlier. Can't really say one way or the other re. markings on the back but I can add that I've never seen this particular type before. Also, the unthreaded studs look really strange/off to me as well.

I definitely agree with the above comments. I've only seen one eagle from this maker and it was marked differently. Very poor details but I would still like to see the extra requested pictures if you do receive them. Weird studs!

Luke

?

Well, as the seller hasn't sent any more pics I assume he knows it's a dud or he has foisted it onto someone else. Thanks for the education!

MotorCollection
    ?

This eagle is a fake/repro casting, the Rheinmetall -Borsig- script is out of the center. No german company would have done this in a bad quality, still thinking in "Made in Germany" .
    At that time in the mid to late 1930s signs like this were made in a good quality because there was no material shortage and time enough. Later on they were painted after beginning of the war.
    The swres were casted too and the threads were "cut" on the raw casting, simple and timesaving.

Originals do have the marking at the reverse between the legs of the bird, just above the wreath.
    Eagles like this were not manufactured in the mid 1930's at all. Due to a decree from the Reich
    Ministry of Traffic from January 12, 1938 (decree 30 Fen 69) the gradual equipping of DRB-vehicles
    with the eagle-emblem was ordered. They were officially not painted, not even during the war. But
    as always there is the one or the other exception (often the paint however is bogus)!