Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake

Article about: I thought I would ask those that are more experienced and knowledgable than I on Reichsbahn eagles on whether or not this eagle is real or fake. Thank you in advance.

rldaulton
    ?

Default Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake

I thought I would ask those that are more experienced and knowledgable than I on Reichsbahn eagles on whether or not this eagle is real or fake. Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake   Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake  

Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake   Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake  

Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake   Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake  

Reichsbahn Eagle Real or fake  

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Although I don't really study these, I think you will find that this is a reproduction that has been highly polished. I do believe the giveaway is the small reinforcement for the mounting studs.
    I suggest you wait for other opinions though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Definitely a reproduction.

Quote by Berghof View Post
    Definitely a reproduction.
    No question about that!

Steve

Hello rldaulton,
    may I just add welcome to the best forum on the web.
    Your eagle that you display is indeed a nice reproduction of an original railway eagle.

Note the way the manufacturers stamps are stamped into the reverse.
    Most originals that I have come across have the logos and aluminium/magnesium content displayed as part of the die.

If it is cheap enough it would be a nice addition as a display piece but it is not pre 1945.

Cheers
    Doug

If it's more than 89 bucks plus p&p get one from the retailer of the identical bird shown above.

Third Reich Railway Eagles - Reddick Militaria

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

is the reddick one the same quality ? never seen a decent photo of it , at the least the one posted looks to be well made

Quote by 3002steve View Post
    is the reddick one the same quality ? never seen a decent photo of it , at the least the one posted looks to be well made
    Err...Have you looked at the link supplied by me?? It's clearly the same bird, not from any other of the many fake types but specifically this one. I reiterate, the OP's eagle is identical in every way to that sold by Reddick Militaria.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The shown eagle indeed is a Reddick reproduction for less then 100 dollars.
    They are made in two qualities in India.

It is shown in my railroad eagles book and explained.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Err...Have you looked at the link supplied by me?? It's clearly the same bird, not from any other of the many fake types but specifically this one. I reiterate, the OP's eagle is identical in every way to that sold by Reddick Militaria.
    like i said....he doesnt post decent pictures of whats for sale , just a small 2 inch photo that has no detail , which put me me off buying one as i couldnt tell if it was a fair replica or terrible

doesnt matter now ive found a real one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast