Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Train Eagle 28 5/8

Article about: How do you identify a train eagle as authentic? I have one that was acquired by my brother from a known WWII vet, along with an authentic helmet, but it seems there are a ton of repro's. Als

Default Train Eagle 28 5/8

How do you identify a train eagle as authentic? I have one that was acquired by my brother from a known WWII vet, along with an authentic helmet, but it seems there are a ton of repro's. Also, how do you go about selling one of these? My family collects just about everything except WWII militaria, so I know it's something people want. However, I also understand the subject matter is sensitive to some people.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Train Eagle 28 5/8  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Train Eagle 28 5/8
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Train Eagle 28 5/8

It is all about the back and the bosses. Quality of casting and markings are traits that are indicative of authenticity, but is always comes down to the bosses.
    Regards,
    John

Markings are identical to the one in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...-eagle-224318/

The lugs are definitely threaded and have been cut off at about 1/3 inch each. They are about 9/16" in diameter. The vet obviously drilled holes horizontally through them in order to run wire through for mounting on a wall. The drilled holes are shiny and do not show the same patina as the rest of the piece, giving me confidence that it is authentic and was altered by the vet upon return. The measurements are 28 5/8" wide and about 15 1/2" tall.

I tried to include a link to a thread with an identical eagle, but that didn't work. So here's a detailed description:

The lugs are definitely threaded and have been cut off at about 1/3 inch each. They are about 9/16" in diameter. The vet obviously drilled holes in them in order to run wire through for mounting on a wall. The drilled holes are shiny and do not show the same patina as the rest of the piece, giving me confidence that it is authentic and was altered by the vet upon return. I also found authentic samples with these same inscriptions, which are "WAGEN 720 GAL-Mg-S" on the rear of the right wing and "RZA BLN" in the back middle, just above the wreath. This model has a lug on each wing and one on the bottom of the wreath. The measurements are 28 5/8" wide and about 15 1/2" tall.

?

Detailed pictures will speak for themselves.
    Regards,
    John

to be continued.... Camera died as soon as I started taking pictures. Should have them tomorrow. Thanks!

Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8Train Eagle 28 5/8

?

Nice original WWII eagle - If as you noted above want to sell it list it here in the
    For Sale forum(Classifieds)

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Congratulations on a nice original "PS" eagle.

Luke

Thanks for the help guys. I will probably be listing it. It's beautiful...just doesn't really fit with our collection. I'd rather someone have it who will truly appreciate it and display it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast