Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trolley Adler Verification

Article about: Hi folks, I'm running this one by the crew to see if its good. Sorry, I don't have better pictures...this is all i have to go on. I'm hoping there's enough. The mounting studs are not drille

Default Trolley Adler Verification

Hi folks, I'm running this one by the crew to see if its good. Sorry, I don't have better pictures...this is all i have to go on. I'm hoping there's enough. The texture of the back surface looks good, but the mounting studs are not drilled/tapped and I'm not loving the hanger style. With this style hanger, it wouldn't not be dangling from a trolley car... It would only be sufficient for hanging on a wall, but that's it. I don't know if these were ever used for just hanging on a wall and not a trolley. It measures 10 1/4" high and has a 15 1/8" wingspan.

Thanks!

Trolley Adler VerificationTrolley Adler Verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trolley Adler Verification
    P
    Many

No input??

?

A couple things concern me about this one. I have a "V" bus eagle and have seen others and they are all 15 3/4"
    And as far as I know all bus eagles are 15 3/4" wide. So the fact that this is 15 1/8" makes me think it's a cast fake.
    Since casts are smaller then the originals and usually around 15". The "non tapped holes" look like the holes were there but filled in maybe during the recasting. Also the details of the front don't look as crisp as originals. The swaz looks less crisp and more bloated compared to originals. Now maybe it's just the bad pictures that is causing the details of the eagle to look dull. But it does not concern me much that it has a hanging device that is used. I have seen pictures of RR eagles hung on walls. But I personally would stay away from this one given the concerns I have with it especially the size. I would not buy a bus eagle unless it's 15 3/4". Just my opinion.

Spot on analysis CURT P! Thank you. I just wanted a second opinion and I appreciate your response. Another observation that I didn't like is the inverted "V" on the left side of the wing.

I would also add that the hanger would not bother me because even if the eagle were original, the hanger could certainly have been added later.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)