Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRK Prototype

Article about: I just added the rare DRK prototype to my collection. This is a zink buckle not one of the steel repo.

?

Default DRK Prototype

I just added the rare DRK prototype to my collection. This is a zink buckle not one of the steel repo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Prototype   DRK Prototype  

DRK Prototype   DRK Prototype  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Prototype
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRK Prototype

Kirby,

A super and very rare "kriegsmetall"/Alpax variant DRK buckle! I would love to add one to my collection. Your's is the 3rd I have seen outside of the Angolia reference. There was also one recently for sale on estand and if your's is the same buckle, my compliments on a tender "touch-up" job.

"Prototype(?)" it would seem is the most accurate description as the buckle apparently does not appear in any published material and is so rare. Angolia proposes that if put into circulation, the buckle was short-lived. It would seem to make sense then that this would be a very "late war" variant coming after the less scarce 1938 pattern injected-molded zinc DRK.

A great buckle...thanks for sharing

Best,
    Adam

Very intresting!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Kirby,

A very nice a d rare DRK version. As far as I know it was only produced in this style construction. When it was produced is I believe still up for discussion, early or late.

Bill

For me a cracking buckle, lots of copies out there (bad ones thankfully), very interesting buckle yet very underated in my eyes, absolute corking buckle though
    Ben

?

Hello It has been a great year for my buckle collection. It's only May and I have add 19 buckle including 3 from my top 20 want list. This is the buckle that showed up on etand.

Adam I don't usually do much cleaning but the buckle had some zink pest so I did a little soap and water and some renwax.