Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRK Weimar period

Article about: Just got this in, DRK....

Default DRK Weimar period

Just got this in, DRK....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Weimar period   DRK Weimar period  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Weimar period
    P
    Many

Very nice mate
    Ben

Very nice from me too!..

Hello,

nice buckle
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

The addiction is still strong... Huge thanks to Ben for sorting me out with a fair few buckles these days, a true gent.

Very interesting type of buckle that shows a very long period of use from 1870 until the 60s

First model is 50mm large like the M47 prussian and is made of brass with a large nickel silver medaillon. Rarely seen buckle

Second model is the same but in 45 mm large like the the M95 prussian buckle. Scarce because used on a short period of time

Third model is introduced in 1912 and is made of nickel silver with a soldered medaillon of the same material. Early ones have the brass claws like the one shown in the present thread, then the claw is made of steel in two parts. Weimar era examples are sometimes made of nickel plated brass or steel instead of the more expensive nickel silver
    There is a variation in the wreath as you can find laurel or oak leaves

Fourth model is made of one piece pressed steel painted feldgrau made during the first WW. It is a very rare variant

Fifth model is made of pebbled aluminium with alu medaillon attached by 4 tabs . This post WW2 model was still in use in the 60s