MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A Pleasant DRK Surprise...

Article about: Hello All, I just received this piece today from an online auction lot with some other DRK items. At the last minute and with only one far away photo of the lot showing the front it was a bi

Default A Pleasant DRK Surprise...

Hello All,

I just received this piece today from an online auction lot with some other DRK items. At the last minute and with only one far away photo of the lot showing the front it was a bit of a gamble. Of course, it is also really not advisable to proceed without a photo of the buckle reverse. That being said, I was fairly comfortable with the obverse photo and the price of the lot did not go very high. I was not sure whether aluminum or zinc, however I assumed probably die-stamped aluminum and possibly an upgrade to mine. To my very pleasant surprise...the scarcer injection-molded zinc variant! I have been after one of these for a while now

Of course any comments most welcome and I'd love to see some other examples.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Pleasant DRK Surprise...   A Pleasant DRK Surprise...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Pleasant DRK Surprise...
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Pleasant DRK Surprise...

Very nice congrats it paid off in the end.

Hey Adam, good gamble, very nice example of a DRK and the harder to find model, good catch my friend
    Ben

?

Nice find. I have always liked the second model DRK buckle.
    SteveR

The detail on that buckle is stunning Adam. You hit it out of the park on that one.

Jay

?

Very nice buckle. I would like to find one in this condition. Kirby

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the very nice comments... I'm very happy with this one It's an important buckle for me not only due to my interest in DRK but also a personal and family connection with the Red Cross. I have always found the union of swastika and cross found on many DRK items to be a very interesting, stark juxtaposition of symbols.

I'm not sure exactly how scarce these zinc versions are but I have personally only seen 3 for sale in the past year. I passed one up early on because it was expensive and thought it wouldn't be too hard for me to find another one... I was wrong!

Best,
    Adam