Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review

Article about: Hi, I am looking for some feedback on this DRK buckle. It looks good according to my online research but you never know :-) I seen one on the collectors guild with a tab for \\$120 so what wou

Default Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback on this DRK buckle. It looks good according to my online research but you never know :-)
    I seen one on the collectors guild with a tab for $120 so what would be a fair price for this one.

Thanks in advance !

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review   Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review
    P
    Many

George, very nice DRK buckle. In ref to the tabbed ones they were not issued with leather support tabs so dont think that a tabbed one should be more expensive. You can pick these up for around $70-90. This one cost me $60
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review   Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review  

Ben

Thank you !

I understand that they were called model 1933 and issued till 1937 - where they in use during the war or replaced by the new design ?

Very nice buckle mate!....

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Thank you !

I understand that they were called model 1933 and issued till 1937 - where they in use during the war or replaced by the new design ?
    This 1938 pattern TR DRK buckle, introduced Jan 1938 so this would have replaced the 33 pattern buckle. I would have imagined the old timers would have probably kept using their old buckle rather than the TR new one
    Attached Images Attached Images Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review  Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review  Weimar /Model 1933 DRK buckle for review 
    Ben

Ben got his for $60 and that included the dent.so you have a base line.

Thank you all !

Hello,

beautiful DRK buckle made of nickel silver, but i do not understand why it is called 1933 model, as it is much older than that, being in use during WW1 and even before

The example shown is typical of the buckles made until the 20's, because of the brazed brass claw, after the claw was made of steel pressed in two parts as it was less expensive

I think he has classed it as a 1933 model as I believe it says that on one of the selling sites, as you have stated these have been around way way longer that that
    Ben

yes, i did go by the "name" used on Collectors Guild. What is the proper name then ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast