Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples

Article about: 4

Default Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples

I cannot locate the thread that was posteda while ago on these buckles but here are mine for your comments. Please note the
    2nd pattern officers buckle on original belt. I was very lucky to get this and it is the only one I have ever seen . A rare bird.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples   Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples  

Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples   Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples  

Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples   Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples  

Last edited by Ben Evans; 02-16-2022 at 09:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples
    P
    Many

Default Re: Weimar period red cross and other buckle

Cracking buckle Bill and a couple I have not seen, thanks for showing
    Ben

Bill

A super display in relation to some of the "Hilfsorganisationen" buckles.

Perhaps I am correct in thinking that the DRK mans buckle is the "first pattern" 1870/1912, by the roundel display of the more "stubby" armed striated cross ?

Brilliant DRK leaders buckle and strap. As you say, 2nd pattern (oak leaves) as opposed to the 1st pattern (laurel leaves). Actually, I have never seen this buckle with a "gold" finish before and as you say, rare.

The Arbeiter Samariterbund buckles are great to see. The first pattern from say around 1930 (with ASB on the cross) and the second pattern from possibly around 1932 (with S on the cross).

Do you have the extremely rare 1933/1934 third pattern Bill ? The one with the swastika on the cross.

Excellent, rare and little researched buckles.

Regards,

David

David,

Again thanks very much for your comments and for Ben's as well. And yes you are correct on the Red Cross with the stubby cross as being the first pattern. It also has the early welded prong bar and welded "U" catch.
    As to the swastika marked RC no I do not have that patterrn nor did I ever find one during my TR collecting days. I believe Marc had one but never saw it on any of his lists.

All the best,

Bill

Another variation of DRK buckles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples   Weimar Period Red Cross Buckle Examples  

?

What a wonderful thread this is turning into! Thanks Bill for showing your outstanding buckles, and thanks pryagin for your - possibly unwitting - contribution! These buckles are not I should think Red Cross, but something even more exquisite.

Here's my example of the first one of these, maker marked Steinhauer, together with an illustration from a Steinhauer catalogue, there described as Feuerwehr-Sanitäter (fire brigade paramedic).

Best rgds
    Karl

?

This is a nice thread. Great examples. I love the firemans paramedic buckles. First class guys.

pryagin, many thanks for showing two quite superb and rare buckles and in my opinion, the final pattern Arbeiter Samariterbund buckle (with the swastika) is seldom seen.

Anyway, as Karl has shown and to seamlessly compliment yours, we now have two extremely misunderstood buckles in the correct form of Feuerwehr-Sanitäter. I really need to check within some of the buckle publications, however I think that they have all described this buckle erroneously. From memory, invariably wrongly described as Red Cross, Veterans and Maritime Rescue to name but three.

Instead, Feuerwehr-Sanitäter and jolly nice too !

Regards,

David

Bumping this thread which was of interest to me... I cannot locate what I think was a prior thread on these by Thomas, but here are a couple recently acquired examples including an "O&C ges. gesch." marking for Overhoff. I also find the prongs/claw assembly interesting on the other example. Does anyone have an opinion on whether the presence (or lack of) a brass or gilt roundel indicates rank differentiation?

Best,
    Adam

Overhoff example marked "O&C ges. gesch."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast