Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

11/11 Veteran's Day Salute

Article about: Collectors, Vets, Friends and WRF Family... Whether you are an Aussie, Canadian, German, British, Russian, American or in another country please hug a Vet today. Shake their hand, give them

?

Default 11/11 Veteran's Day Salute

Collectors, Vets, Friends and WRF Family...

Whether you are an Aussie, Canadian, German, British, Russian, American or in another country please hug a Vet today. Shake their hand, give them a smile, buy a cup of coffee or a hot lunch. Thank them for their sacrifice for freedom. I marvel at the WWII Generation. All generations have shined in conflict but my Opa's Generation in WWII was something truly unique and special and each day we lose another Vet from WWII. Cherish them why they still remain with us. Miss him everyday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

The Greatest Generation indeed. Here are a few pics and items from my Dad's side.

1. Uncle Earl - US Navy 1943-1968 A few early pics with one just before he shipped out, then later as an officer. WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    2. Uncle Rex - 3rd Marine Air Wing - Battle of Midway
    3. The banner that hung in my Grandparent's window (they both survived and returned home)
    4. Uncle Earl's medals that he gave me a few years before he passed away.

Rossi - thanks for starting thread to our Veterans on this day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Great tribute Gen't. I will add to all my Brother's and Sister's who have served their country

THANK YOU!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Since I also see the pic's I will share these. The 1st is the Fioretti Crew in March of 44. My Uncle Joe(Tail Gunner) is second from the right in the bottom row. He past away in '72. The Gent to his left is my Buddy Phillip Chaperon(Left waist Gunner) This pic was given to me by Phil. The next one is of Phil and family this pic is 2011 and since then sadly his beautiful wife has passed away. He turned 95 in September and his Dog tags. His set and the set they gave him in Stalag 17B. I spoke with Phil today to thank him for his service and he is doing great!!! He is awesome.

Fioretti Crew Original.jpgPhil Now.jpgDog tags.jpg

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by weller View Post
    The Greatest Generation indeed. Here are a few pics and items from my Dad's side.

1. Uncle Earl - US Navy 1943-1968 A few early pics with one just before he shipped out, then later as an officer. WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    2. Uncle Rex - 3rd Marine Air Wing - Battle of Midway
    3. The banner that hung in my Grandparent's window (they both survived and returned home)
    4. Uncle Earl's medals that he gave me a few years before he passed away.

Rossi - thanks for starting thread to our Veterans on this day.
    My Pleasure and thank you for taking time to share your legacy!

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Since I also see the pic's I will share these. The 1st is the Fioretti Crew in March of 44. My Uncle Joe(Tail Gunner) is second from the right in the bottom row. He past away in '72. The Gent to his left is my Buddy Phillip Chaperon(Left waist Gunner) This pic was given to me by Phil. The next one is of Phil and family this pic is 2011 and since then sadly his beautiful wife has passed away. He turned 95 in September and his Dog tags. His set and the set they gave him in Stalag 17B. I spoke with Phil today to thank him for his service and he is doing great!!! He is awesome.

Fioretti Crew Original.jpgPhil Now.jpgDog tags.jpg

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Pretty Much Sums up the importance of life right there Devil Dog Bro! Thanks for sharing and a big Semper Fi to you! Woof...Oorah to you!