Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

£125 to spend, but on what?

Article about: I've got some extra money left over from the holidays but I'm stuck on what to do with it I'm trying to avoid buying any more gas masks for the moment and I'm thinking of some sort of deacti

Default £125 to spend, but on what?

I've got some extra money left over from the holidays but I'm stuck on what to do with it I'm trying to avoid buying any more gas masks for the moment and I'm thinking of some sort of deactivated weapon. I know that £125 isnt much in the world of deactivated arms, but I've seen some K98's and Mosin Nagants sell for under £125 in the past but not any recently.

So does anyone know where I can find any deactivated weapons from any period for under £125? I'm trying to avoid pistols because I want something larger for going on my wall

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: £125 to spend, but on what?

Hi Danny, you can certainly get a Mosin Nagant M91/30 rifle or an M38 or M44 Mosin Nagant Carbine for that money. These are are excellent condition too.

See the Rytons Arms website.

http://www.rytonarms.co.uk/site/home.php

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Danny,

Of course looking at your age I think your parents will have to get it for you.

Regards

Jock

Thanks guys, at the moment the Mosin Nagant Carbine or the SVT 40 are at the top of the list. I'll probably ask my Grandad to get them, he's always supported my interests and loves to wind up my parents based on my decisions

Thanks again

Danny

Your Grandad sounds like a top bloke mate!!!

Grandad's rule!!!

RUSSIAN MOSIN NAGANT 1891/30 BOLT ACTION RIFLE, very good condition, with round receiver and matching numbered bayonet ***INCLUDES FREE SLING***

Code: 1114Price: £125.00

from ades link is what i would spend my money on

thats the one I'm probably going for, but that SVT40 still takes my fancy even though its a bit more expensive!

Thanks

Danny

I'm with you Danny. That STV40 is an eye catcher for me.

I live in the states and i have problems locating deact's that i want. If that store were near me i would be like a little boy in a candy store

rgds, Ty

Hi Danny, Tony Budge who runs Ryton Arms is a great guy. He might be open to a deal on an SVT40 if you bought one from him a show.

I have an SVT40. I love them. But you might find an M91/30 Mosin Nagant rifle more fun to own, as these you can strip down more, having an almost intact bolt, whereas the SVT40 bolt and bolt carrier are welded in place due to the deact rules.

Cheers, Ade.

I'm not really up with all the different regulations on different types of deactivated arms. So I take it that bolt action weapons can be cocked, stripped and dry fired? and that rifles like the SVT 40 have their actions welded solid?
    I've always thought that old spec deacts can be stripped, dry fired etc and that new spec ones have no moving parts?!?!

Thanks

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast