Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2 new Bender books, 1 SS and 1 Police

Article about: Home Cover illustration See the publisher link with book details and page samples

Default Re: 2 new Bender books, 1 SS and 1 Police

Everybody is welcome here, whether it be a new collector or one with fifty years experience. Both types will ultimately contribute substantially to the growth of this forum - of course...

I too have seen a lot of discontent on other forums, and it is caused by many factors, one of them being actions based upon self-serving motives.

As far as I am concerned, I have seen only posts advertising a book, and no contribution whatsoever to any forum content.

In any case, until this has been proven otherwise, it is my impression.

However, I do sincerely wish that this impression is only temporary...

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Default Bender's 'Police Vol. 2' = Super

Uniforms Organization and History of the German Police: Vol. 2 By John R. Angolia and Hugh Page Taylor

This is "THE BOOK" that we Polizei Collectors have been waiting for! (Vol. 1 came out way back in 2004.)

Vol. 2 is stated to cover 5 of the major branches of the Polizei organization:
    Protection Police
    Traffic Police
    Municipal Police
    Gendarmerie (including Motorized branch) and
    TeNo / TN - Technical Emergency Corps.

The book is huge, at 808 pages & 1,083 photos / illustrations. (More to See and More to Learn!)

I had the opportunity to read portions of this book pre-publication. The degree of Detail and Explanation, as well as the depth of previously unknown (unseen) information, and well as historical documentation - is without any comparison. This will soon become 'THE' Reference., IMO.

I've got my order in for a couple - (one to Use and one to Archive) - and can't wait for their arrival! ... Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Police Vol. 2 ..........

Even More New Police Material

I just followed the LINK, and there is also a Uniform Poster taken from a German Police office! It has been reproduced (in Full Color), and looks to me, like it is probably the best identification tool for German Police Uniforms. (No more squinting when looking at those little pictures in the rare to find, DDP Taschenbuch or Soldatenfreund issues.)

This is ALL really great news - in helping to understand the many aspects of the German Police! Hat's off to Roger Bender for bringing new great materials to us as Collectors. .................Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12