Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The 2012 Olympics

Article about: by operaman Nice abs on Ennis. Agreed! Easier on the eye than the last British female to win a gold that involved throwing a javelin......Poor Fatima Whitbread, the passing years haven't bee

Default The 2012 Olympics

As an American I would like to commend the British for a spectacular and a WELL DONE Olympics.Thanks and Cheers to all.

Default Re: The 2012 Olympics

As an Australian I would like to say,
    All jokes aside,well done on a magnificant job in staging the games and well done with regards to your performance's on the field of competition.A great result for the UK.
    Have a look at the 1936 Berlin Games memorabilia thread.Add a pic if you have something.

They kept it classy and it was enjoyable to watch.

I basically missed the entire Olympics, but I heard it was nothing but class. Job well done to our friends across the pond.

I can't help thinking about if Sir Paul McCartney had performed at the opening ceremony of the 1936 Berlin Oympics as he did here.

I don't think his rendition of "Hey Jude" would have been so warmly received somehow.....

I'll get my coat.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

it was great tyo see Carly Loyd get 2 scores in womans soccer, played against Japan

I have to agree that it was simply amazing! Team GB all the way!
    Thanks, Glen.

A fantastic effort by everyone involved in the staging of the London Olympics, it was magnificently staged, managed and executed and shows to remind us why the place truly is "Great Britain"

I'm still in shock and disbelief that the UK managed not to screw it up.
    Damned good show!

Best Regards,

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast