Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold I am not sure of the fodder requirement for a private household, or the solid waste issues en suite? Camels and other long-legged animals are best kept in surroundings

Default Re: 2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am not sure of the fodder requirement for a private household, or the solid waste issues en suite?
    Camels and other long-legged animals are best kept in surroundings where they can roam as they please, is my view on it. I would never dare keeping such a creature on a shelf with my hats
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Camels and other long-legged animals are best kept in surroundings where they can roam as they please, is my view on it. I would never dare keeping such a creature on a shelf with my hats
    would have to be one hell of a big shelf

Is just an eternal joke here, the camel thing, but they are cute
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by spandau View Post
    Danke FB !

No pressure then ! I hope not to disappoint........it's a labour of love and when one question is answered another two are raised.

That's the fun with collecting i guess, you'll never ever know everything.

A response from a sound historical mind. Nor should we know everything, since fate denies us such a thing. I can tell you that the people at the time gave far less thoughts to the things on their heads than do we.

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Is just an eternal joke here, the camel thing, but they are cute
    The tendency in these precincts to take one's self too seriously requires a remedy. This generalization does not apply to Stinschen, but to others.

Absolutely.

I was lucky to spend a couple of hours talking with my wifes grandfather recently about his experiences in Italy in 1943. He had loads of photos but the things he remembered had nothing to do with what he was wearing.

I have nothing but respect for all those who by circumstance, found themselves involved.

I´m bringing this one to life again
    "2012; what are you hoping to buy/find in 2012?" Hm... I am currently trying to hunt down a grey or green KM helmet with a minty decal, KM binoculars, another KM Schirmmütze and whatever catches my fancy.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-27-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

AS many HJ and BDM postcards that I can find (and afford)

?

Quote by gbalke View Post
    I'm hoping to add a war dated Enfield No. 5 Jungle Carbine and either an Enfield No. 2 or S&W Victory Model .38 caliber revolver to my weapons collection.
    And I need to grow my Luftwaffe collection as well.
    Well, I did find my No. 5 Enfield, it should be here soon. I haven't added to my Luftwaffe collection yet but I was able to get these from my Father-In-Law's estate:

Belt and Buckle.JPGGold Buckle Face.JPGSilver Buckle Face.JPGHJ Buckle Face.JPG

This is just a bonus that I had not even thought of back in 2011, a 1944 Lithgow SMLE:

A.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg C.JPG (81.2 KB, 18 views)

I am just looking to find myself a deactivated M1 Garand prodused before (Serial number 300 000)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast