Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here's one of me from earlier in the year after a couple of outings on the Roe bucks. I do some deer management on some land in Hampshire so there are a couple of young bucks here and an older one. I leave the stronger, middle aged animals to breed and take the young, old, injured or lame animals to ensure the healthiest population on the land. It is also a good way to stock my freezer. I don't like buying meat wrapped in plastic so by deer stalking I have the freshest meat possible in which I take a personal pride in taking from the field to my plate. I shoot, dress, butcher and cook everything myself as my ethics as a hunter.
    I enjoy going out with my rifle, being in the countryside and watching the wildlife. Shooting something is an incidental, being outside and watching life carry on around me as I sit quietly is a rewarding experience. Watching the young deer being born and grow up, the foxes and birds and insects are what it's about and much more entertaining than sitting in front of the TV for hours!
    adrian can i just ask what rifle that is

tom

Shooting something is an incidental, being outside and watching life carry on around me as I sit quietly is a rewarding experience. Watching the young deer being born and grow up, the foxes and birds and insects are what it's about and much more entertaining than sitting in front of the TV for hours!
    That is just what I like. Always when I go to a reindeer gathering (Where we gather reindeers into a pen and mark their owner by cutting a pattern to their ears, while eating sausage and watching people shoot their own reindeer in a adjacent pen for food) I have a spot in the forest about a kilometer from the main area, where there is a tree stump that I like to sit on and relax in the quietness of the forest. Until I get chased out by mosquitos.

Here's one of me from earlier in the year .........
    I shoot, dress, butcher and cook everything myself as my ethics as a hunter.
    I enjoy ...!
    I respect that!!
    I love to eat them but hate to shoot them...butchering would work , if I knew how to do it!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Found one! Also taken in Barcelona.

Regards
    Ingrid, somehow I expected someone loaded to the hilt with weapons, and pistols, with body armor and such hehe

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    adrian can i just ask what rifle that is

tom
    Hi Tom,
    It's a Steyr-Mannlicher Classic halfstock in .243 calibre. Topped off with a Zeiss 3-12x50 scope and a Wildcat moderator. I need to change the mod for a slimmer, lighter model as it adds too much length to the rifle and unbalances it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ladies & Gents, my other hobby which has always run side by side with my interest in militaria has been a rather unhealthy love affair with automobiles.....my father ran a number of American cars as I grew up, so I suppose it was a natural progression as soon as I could get them to insure me ! my first being a 65' Buick Riviera followed over the next 30 odd years by a bevy of Mustangs, Lincolns, Pontiacs and a variety of watercooled front engined Porsches, my current one is a 1987 Porsche 944S, which I bought from my cousin in Holland in 1999....I have done 8,000 miles in it in 12 years, it has never been in rain or snow, I guess its what you Yanks would call a "Garage Queen". Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Poromies View Post
    What kind of a plant is that? :O:O
    I Believe that it's popular name is the "Spanish Barber Plant"....you can easily see where it get's it's name from, as this one has apparently clipped off most of poor Ingrid's Hair...
    But, I could be wrong, of course.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

steve thats one fine car its a beuty and it had to be a german porshe to go with you german militaria
    adrian thanks for the info

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    ahh a snake
    hehe
    hated and always will hate snakes

tom
    Funny old world isn't it? I hate cats but love snakes!

Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast