Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Great thread,some fantastic hobbies. Other than militaria im a bit of a plane geek,i work as an engineer for a local airline on my off shifts,and i like to take photos,but i guess my fav hobbie is keeping my " classic " Audi coupe in good condition,much to the wifes dispair............
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Well, Besides collecting WWII militaria, I enjoy reading about military history as well as ancient civilizations such as Sumeria, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Central/South Amerika and books like ,"The 12th planet" written by Zecharia Sitchen and anything concerning the Paranormal or ancient astronaut theory.
    I've only recently began to build 1:35th scale models and I'm addicted! I want to expand into dioramas soon.The History channel and other educational programs interest me.. I like to learn about the past when I can..I strive for nostalgia.
    I love to shoot bullets out of guns too!
    I am also a Tattoo artist for fun but rarely profit because I give friends deals! Drawing and other art mediums I am also partial to. Well, that's about it for me!
    ~Dean

Bringing this to the top again.
    This pair are made from damascus steel and mastodon tusk. The steel comes from a friend that forges his own damascus to make custom hand made knives. He saves all of his scraps to give to me. The long one is about 5 inches long,(13 cm). They are made with a full hidden tang that goes all the way to the fluted pommel and is threaded. All of my blades are hand cut and filed and sanded. The guard is hand cut and filed to this pattern.
    I hope you like them.
    Ralph.
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (135.9 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (229.0 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (205.4 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (166.6 KB, 36 views)
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dean those 1:35 scale models are awesome. I admire your patience.

Ralph excellent pieces once again. Keep them coming mate.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

The things one can make out of scrap!!
    Love your work!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Some 1/35th scale Tamiya model kits, recently rediscovered during the move, not that good compared to those shown by others, but they were fun to make and I have a load more in a brothers attic, which I must recover one of these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I also used to do flint knapping and here is a small flint knive I made which I will get around to mounting in an antler handle, one of these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice models Jerry. I used to do Tamiya my self as a kid, but there is no much free time now to build any more models.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Nice models Jerry. I used to do Tamiya my self as a kid, but there is no much free time now to build any more models.
    These were done about 12 years back and the Kettenkrad was never finished and was the last I made. I also made them as a child, but could never afford that many, so I had a binge on making them and did a lot in the late 90's, including the flak 36 and halftrack, lots of other halftracks, panzer mk IV's & mk II's, stug's, armoured cars, panthers, tigers, lots of m/cycles, kubelwagens, schwimwagen, marders etc....all in my brothers attic.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Meindert,
    beside my passion for militaria, i do have other hobbies. One of them is taking care of this old lady. It was my dream car when i was a teenager and i finally bought one seven years ago...the dream still lives...
    I also have e30 vert and 2 sedans :-)

Page 29 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast