Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 82 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

I'm not sure which one of those critters I would want creeping up on me......

He's not called 'big' ned for nothing you know!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Scout View Post
    Great pics.
    What was the result of your hunt then?
    Here a Whitetail
    Sorry, I missed this post! The result was a big fat zero. We'd got a tag for Elk, but all we saw for 4 days was Moose when out of town limits. It's like Adrian said, you go looking for one, and all you see is the other!

There was a cracking bull just out of town lying down at the side of the local airstrip. All he had to do was get up and wander across the road and he was fair game. We waited, glassing him for nearly 4 hours...Nothing. Nipped off back to town to get a warm drink and was back 20 minutes later just in time to see 2 guys tying him onto the front of their Wagoneer. He literally crossed right in front of them a couple of minutes after we left, they pulled over and bingo......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Great photos Adrian! You don't see that too often. Sometimes when I am leaving work, a small herd of deer race me along the side of the long driveway to the gate.
    Great photo of the polar bear Ned, and that big white thing behind him!
    I saw my taxidermist friend do two of those at once, lifesize mounts!
    Here are a few more photos that I have taken on the way home from work. One is from quite a distance and on one or two the lighting conditions are not the best.
    Ralph.
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (281.3 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (241.8 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (188.3 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (242.6 KB, 8 views)
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I love these above stories! So much fun to read them and live them through your eyes. Mine are mostly all from fishing and they are fun also.

Ralph, those are some impressive raptors! Those talons and beaks are devastating to their prey. As of two years ago, we have our first ever pair of nesting American Bald Eagles. This past year we had a bad wind storm and I remember passing their nest tree and it was gone. I was desatated, as many others were I'm sure, and then they setup shop in an adjacent tree. What a relief. This Spring I'll look for them agian and hope to shoot them! Hopefully I'll have the 200MM lens in time for the births of the young.

Looks like a Red Tail in your mix of pics?
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 01-19-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: More text
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Green!
    Yes, one is a red tail. The bird in the bottom photo is actually banded. I have one in my collection that also wears a band and has been recorded. Birds of prey are my favorite subject.
    Here are a few more that I took on my way home from work.
    Ralph.
    • File Type: jpg 0.JPG (253.2 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (218.2 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (228.5 KB, 9 views)
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Morning gents while we were out on a fishing trip last year we came back to camp to find this little buck laying under a tree in the shade in front of the jeep he had one of the funniest sets of antlers I had ever seen I just had to snap a photo thought I would share it.

Regards Mark K

Interesting photo Mark!
    He will have a tough time defending his territory, or his harem.
    Ralph.

?

I have seen a few deer like that over the years Ralph I wonder do they grow back the same year after

Regards Mark K

I am not sure if they grow back exactly the same, but I doubt they will grow normally the next year.
    Ralph.

?

Quite a few years ago I seen a three point much the same his rack just about covered his hole face while he was grazing he had learned to keep his head turned to the one side as one of the tines protruded past the tip of his nose.

Regards Mark K

Page 82 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast