Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    lol, oh dear Gunny !!! Poor old bugger ! I used to go snaring, ferreting as well ! They all used to call me " Compo " at school, you remember the guy out of Last of the summer wine?? Was really into my Field Sports in those days, I used to help out the local gamekeepers for a while, loved it !

The Airsporter was a nice rifle, under cocking wasn't it ?? I wanted a Weihrauch rifle at the time but were too expensive for me, I remember drooling over them in the local gunshop in Chester, lol
    Yes mate it was under lever cocking and pretty hard work with the spring that was in it. The bloke i shot was pretty understanding saying he'd wear a bright coloured hat in the future, i bumped into him in a pub about 15 years later and he pointed out a lump of scar tissue in his ear!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yes mate it was under lever cocking and pretty hard work with the spring that was in it. The bloke i shot was pretty understanding saying he'd wear a bright coloured hat in the future, i bumped into him in a pub about 15 years later and he pointed out a lump of scar tissue in his ear!..
    lol, oops !!!!

?

Careful, you never know who is listening...
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol, oops !!!!
    He was with his wife and she told me their kids had nicknamed him lumpylug!..

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Careful, you never know who is listening...
    Talking about rabbits, has anyone else heard about the SS breeding rabbits ??? I am sure I saw a thread on another forum a while ago, but seems that incredulous, I am wondering now if I was just drunk at the time and dreamt it up ! haha

Talking about rabbits, has anyone else heard about the SS breeding rabbits ??? I am sure I saw a thread on another forum a while ago, but seems that incredulous, I am wondering now if I was just drunk at the time and dreamt it up ! haha
    The SS did indeed breed rabbits for fur, and the images of same are on the SS threads posted by my colleague Mr. jHAM. Look there.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The SS did indeed breed rabbits for fur, and the images of same are on the SS threads posted by my colleague Mr. jHAM. Look there.
    I knew I had seen it somewhere !! haha Was the fur used in the Parkas ?? for the eastern front?

Any chance of a link, I am trying to install a new kitchen as well as dipping in and out of this !!

?

Yes, the Angora project in several of the Konzentrationslagers. The fur was used in winter headgear. I remember reading about one account of liberating US forces ordering the prisoners to slaughter the rabbits, in order to make stew at either KL-Buchenwald or KL-Dachau. They were unable to do so as they had grown so fond of the animals.

Rgds,

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Yes, the Angora project in several of the Konzentrationslagers. The fur was used in winter headgear. I remember reading about one account of liberating US forces ordering the prisoners to slaughter the rabbits, in order to make stew at either KL-Buchenwald or KL-Dachau. They were unable to do so as they had grown so fond of the animals.

Rgds,

Carl
    Unbelieveable !!! Thanks Carl !

- - Updated - -

Cheers Stug !

Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast