Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30 years ago today !!

Article about: The inky blackness of the night's sky, was slowly giving way to the deep blue of the dawn. The stars, spluttering like candles. Giving one last flicker, then once again, lost in the depths o

?

Default 30 years ago today !!

The inky blackness of the night's sky, was slowly giving way to the deep blue of the dawn. The stars, spluttering like candles. Giving one last flicker, then once again, lost in the depths of space. Behind him , the moon. Like some silvery white disc, suspended on invisible wires, giving shape and shadow, but no definitive colour. The water. Still, Unmoving. It's surface akin to a giant mirror, reflecting images, so out of place, so foreign, that, had it not been for the cold crisp air that bit with each breath. If he blinked. It would surely vanish before him. Numbed , not only with cold, but with what was about to take place. He stood like the others, bent slightly forward. Head bowed, like some pagan ceremony, designed to appease the gods. However it was not the burden of responsibility, that caused this seemingly mass display of humbleness. It was the massive weight of their Bergen's, weapons, ammo. For this was the 21 of May 1982, 0200hrs Zulu. Their destination: "BLUE BEACH TWO".

The British Army begin the Battles to retake the Falklands !!

Not forgotten , Never forgotten !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Default Re: 30 years ago today !!

Here, Here !!!!
    Argentinian aggression bitchslapped back to the mainland.

?

Blue Beach is now a British War Cemetery and contains the rermains of 14 British Servicemen including that of Lt Col Herbert " H" Jones , Victoria Cross , Commanding Officer 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Here, Here !!!!
    Argentinian aggression bitchslapped back to the mainland.
    Maybe that's why there are two Argie helmets sitting on my shelf, and no Brit ones in Buenos Aries.
    Bless you lads, never forgotten.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

My brother inlaw will be thinking on this day, 3 para

Hi Paul,
    Very poignant piece above, a lot of us were on standby in 82, God bless all the lads and R.i.P, the fallen.
    Dave.

?

The poignant words were written by one of the roughest , toughest soldiers in our Regiment Dave !! His poetry about the Falklands is brilliant , can't believe it was 30 years ago i can still see it all now !!

1st July 1916

Finest hour since the Battle of Britain. Good work lads.

I was 'in the green' when it all kicked off ! Some of the lads I trained with went out there with the Blues & Royals.

A nice dedication to all the lads Paul

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

2 Para are about to commence the assault on Darwin and Goose Green where " H" Jones won the VC and was Killed in action . During the Battle the Argentines shot down and killed 3 members of 2 Para who were accepting their surrender ""

Helpfully the good old BBC announced on the news in the UK that 2nd Battalion of the Parachute Regiment were poised and ready to assault Darwin and Goose Green !!

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast