Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3000 or 5000 post helmet world tour

Article about: I was thinking of starting a new helmet world tour for members with 5000 or more posts. Those who are going to qualify or be within 500 posts of qualifying can take part if the schedule work

Default 3000 or 5000 post helmet world tour

I was thinking of starting a new helmet world tour for members with 5000 or more posts. Those who are going to qualify or be within 500 posts of qualifying can take part if the schedule works out for when it will reach them.

As I am in the UK it will start with me and then do a tour of the UK before going west to Ireland and then N America and Canada (and S America if we have any members there who are eligible) then via the eastern regions, such as NZ and Australia, far east, middle east, Eatern Europe, Western Europe and then back to me in the UK. When it comes back we could then raffle it for the forum funds.

Finer details of the route can be worked out if enough people express an interest.

As a twist we are going to use a British MKII helmet that I recently got and which need s a decent respray, it has a post war liner in it so it can be worn or otherwise displayed for pictures, otherwise usual rules apply, please be prompt in sending it on and don't hang onto it for more than 1 week.Each participant is responsible for postage costs to the next member though when it has to travel extra far I should be able to help with the costs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-18-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Count me in wherever I fit Jerry!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Count me in wherever I fit Jerry!
    Ralph.
    No problem Ralph I am sure you will have enough posts when it gets to you but as I posted within 500 posts will do to allow for traveling time so you are only 50 short of that and will be there before it gets to Canada.
    Regards,

Jerry

this is a superb idea Jerry i guess i should build up my post count and fast
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    this is a superb idea Jerry i guess i should build up my post count and fast
    It might take a while to get around the world mate, so perhaps when or if it ever comes back you should have enough to go on it/

I also toyed with the idea of making it a 3000 post helmet, so maybe that is what will happen, it all depends on how many takers we have.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I`m a few posts low , but it ll be fun to watch this
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

thats a good point Jerry ,andy's stahlhelm tour has been ongoing for a few years and im just shy of 1300 posts so perhaps on its return to our shores i should qualify
    Regards James

?

Well I worked my way up to get 1000 post to see if I might get in on that one but I'm a little shy on post for this one. I look forward to see the new pic's of this one's tour.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Count me in Jerry

?

I would like to partake as well Jerry but feel I may come up short on the old post count if it is 5000

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast