Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Default "FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank ,

I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill himself.

After the war, the tank was put on display for decades at Bovington Tank Museum in Dorset, England and kept in good working order all this time.

Fury (2014) - IMDb

Storyline
    "Set in the waning days of World War II's European theater, a battle-hardened U.S. Army tank commander Sergeant who goes by the nickname Wardaddy leads a unit of five soldiers on his final mission behind enemy lines in April 1945 as Nazi Germany collapses. The M4 Sherman tank unit consists of Norman Ellison, an Army typist and the youngest and most inexperienced member of the crew who is thrust into being a tank gunner; the cunning, vicious, world-wise Arkansas native Grady Travis; a brave young military officer; and an always "tanked" driver. "
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Caution Brits !

The director of Fury is David Ayer! Responsible for writing U-571

Ayer wrote the submarine thriller U-571, a fictional account of the United States capturing the Enigma code rather than Great Britain. The furor that surrounded the film's release led British Prime Minister Tony Blair to claim that it was an "affront to the memories" of those involved and U.S. President Bill Clinton to write a letter emphasizing the film's fictional nature. Ayer has said that U-571 distorted history by this assertion and that he would not do it again. "It was a distortion", he said, "a mercenary decision to create this parallel history in order to drive the movie for an American audience. Both my grandparents were officers in World War II, and I would be personally offended if somebody distorted their achievements."

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thumbs up

Tony Blair ! Now, there's someone who really knew his WWII history......

?

Oh no another load of Hollywood Bollocks , i really hope that Bovington are not allowing 131 to be used !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I wish Hollywood had an arse, it could really do with a bloody great boot belted into it at a high rate of knots sometimes. No offence to our American forum members who are far better educated on the true history of WW2 than Hollywood is, apparently Hollywood believes that there were only 3 combatants in WW2, Germany, Japan and the USA, which defeated the enemy all on its own. Again, no offence to our American members. For what it's worth I actually enjoy most war movies no matter how historically incorrect they are purely for the entertainment value of them but some accuracy is always a good thing, particularly when it comes to taking credit for another nations achievements.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I wish Hollywood had an arse, it could really do with a bloody great boot belted into it at a high rate of knots sometimes. No offence to our American forum members who are far better educated on the true history of WW2 than Hollywood is, apparently Hollywood believes that there were only 3 combatants in WW2, Germany, Japan and the USA, which defeated the enemy all on its own. Again, no offence to our American members. For what it's worth I actually enjoy most war movies no matter how historically incorrect they are purely for the entertainment value of them but some accuracy is always a good thing, particularly when it comes to taking credit for another nations achievements.
    Well said mate !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Like most of these films, it will probably be worth a watch, although the story does seem to be a little cliched IMO. On a related note, has anyone read "Catch That Tiger" about the capture of Tiger 131, and if so, is it any good? I have seen mixed reviews.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Like most of these films, it will probably be worth a watch, although the story does seem to be a little cliched IMO. On a related note, has anyone read "Catch That Tiger" about the capture of Tiger 131, and if so, is it any good? I have seen mixed reviews.
    It looks like it could be a good story, I bought it a while ago but not read it yet.

I didnt realise that the said Tiger was on display at Horse Guards Parade before going to Bovington

Nick

Agreed very well said!

As i said on the other thread "Wardaddy" oh purlease!........

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast