Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I hate Hollywood

Article about: Allright new one men. "the Hurt Locker" its terrible ! when in uniform the CIB (Combat Infantrymen Badge) has all precidece over all other badges ....so why is there soldiers wheri

Default I hate Hollywood

Im Sorry men but i just got done watrchinfg "U571" And I am Totally Pissed" I mean there is no way a U boat comander would act that way ..........and to have such cherry men it just makes me angry!!!! !@##$$%%%^^%^&&Hallywood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Default re: I hate Hollywood

Don't get too upset U 571 is typical Hollywood historical garbage and some would say an insult to the extremely brave BRITISH sailors who actually recovered the first enigma machine.

But doesn't Matthew Mcconaughy look fantastic !!

Complete rubbish,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default re: I hate Hollywood

Right on mate! .........Thats one of my biggest studies and im at a lost for words.......ha ha ha you know if you have watched DAS BOOT............go ahead and watch JUDGE DREDD and you will see the same actor (who plaed the Capton) play a complete nitwit I know Im ramblin on but it just makes me so mad that our youth wont have an acurate representation of what maybe went on, instead thell just continue on there X box legacy.....
    CHEERS!!!

It Just doesn't give justice to the Brits .........(it wasn't that easy for them ...........they had to work HARD!) ..........defiantly not an easy task

grndskeeper
    ?

Default Re: I hate Hollywood

Well, remember the audience. Made by Americans for Americans. Doing historical justice to the Brits, or the Germans for that matter, never figured into the story. For whatever reason, Hollywood seems to think that we need to always have the GIs kicking ass, even if we never did -- or that we can't watch a story about someone else playing/being the hero.

So what if the history gets in the way? That movie is in one of my "worst ever" categories for historical subject.

I'm already cringing about what Tom Cruise does to the Stauffenberg story in the soon-to-be-released "Valkyrie". I'm not hopeful.

DmanofLV
    ?

Movies are seldomly accurate. If they really wanted them to be accurate, they would probably ask people that know better than they do. If they did that, then what use are they?

Even Cross of Iron had its faults, but still a good film, and as for Private Ryan..well thats entertainment

Quote by JMB View Post
    Even Cross of Iron had its faults, but still a good film, and as for Private Ryan..well thats entertainment
    Cross of Iron was great!!

Quote by Paul E View Post

But doesn't Matthew Mcconaughy look fantastic !!

regards

Paul
    ????????

?

valkyrei will sort you out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by iron View Post
    valkyrei will sort you out
    Im new here but I started it..... maybe we should have a "Hollywood" deficiencies post? I think it would be great!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast