Become our sponsor and display your banner here

50 best WWII movies

Article about: There's a few lists, this one seemed to be a little less Hollywood oriented ;-) 50 best World War II movies ever made

Default 50 best WWII movies

There's a few lists, this one seemed to be a little less Hollywood oriented ;-)

50 best World War II movies ever made

Two great but forgotten about movies,"Battle Ground" and "The Enemy Below".

Mart

A list of great war movies that has escape to victory in it was enough to make me stop looking.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A list of great war movies that has escape to victory in it was enough to make me stop looking.
    ...Or "The Keep". In my humble opinion, a horror fantasy romp that happens to be set in WW2 doesn't qualify as a WW2 film as such. There are some other odd choices in that list, as well. (But then, war makes strange bedfellows, they say.)

A somewhat random selection-'Triumph of the Will' isn't a WW2 film for the pretty obvious reason it was made in 1935...looking forward to 'The Small Back Room' coming on the TV here in half an hour-a great film on boffins and bomb disposal.

?

A subjective list, obviously, but being chosen by Tarantino did not generate confidence. A cartoon in the top 10? Oh, so tres chic.
    " Escape to Victory" and " The Keep"? Pure dreck, along with a number of others on this list.
    No "Twelve O'clock High"? Absurd. Well, at least no "Midway", or "Battle of the Bulge".
    Nevertheless, I can agree with less than half of those films listed.

BobS

Hannibal Brooks!.......oh dear!.....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...