MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

I think if there was a single thread -- maybe pinned in either the discussion forum or helmet forum, or maybe even a forum all by itself -- then it would filter out all of these annoying threads, the eBay crap will be posted there for those who want to discuss it, and save the rest of us from rummaging through it on the helmet forum. There is no way to prevent new members from posting this stuff. I believe the Polish forum has an "auction items thread", I was thinking something along those lines...except with eBay crap.

There is also a 10 hour version in youtube. I think I would have pulled my face off by that time.

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    I have noticed an increasing amount of threads in which people seem to be not exactly grateful for the help and advice given to them. Ok, that was off topic, but still that is how I see it.
    Missed that too...
    or maybe don't give any attention to it anymore...
    Funny you mentioned it! On many French fora there is thise code that every thread should be started by wishing everyone a "good day" and that "thanking" other forum members for theyre help is due.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Ned your timing with conflict defusing chuckle inducements is commendable

I almost didn't weigh in here as everyone involved I consider a friend, and that is always a pain in the arse to get involved with... I've got to say though that while I see your point Ade I don't really see a problem there. Live and let live I guess it boils down to. I don't think Dan was trawling for dross to post per se, but just came across it while trawling for lids.

Watch this anyway, I defy anyone to be angry while this is playing in the background.
    I want to kill you........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I mean, what is the point of endless threads about obvious junk from ebay? Do we really need to keep seeing them posted and twenty replies all saying 'crap', 'rubbish', 'what a joke'?

Do any serious discussions ever come about as a result of someone starting these threads or are they just an excuse for members to post one liners all along the same lines and boosting their post count......?
    Adrian the comment about the post count is valid, i used to own and run a Tattoo forum site which was a similar format to here and members on there just tended to post useless crap to get their count up, i removed the post count feature and a hell of a lot of junk stopped being posted. The only downer here would be losing the 1000 post helmet tour!..

Quote by big ned View Post
    I want to kill you........
    Now there is a complete threat!

I think a good way to avoid people who don't want to read that sort of stuff stumbling upon it, would be to have a new prefix along the lines of 'Need help!, Fake alert' etc....

Maybe, 'Ebay Special' or something...

?

Post counts can be relevant to new members trying to decipher who might know what their talking about from those who don't. But it's only a guide. The most important thing to consider is the content of the posts, not the quantity.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Easy now chaps.He's been under a lot of pressure lately.......
    Is this supposed to mean something Ned.........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think a good way to avoid people who don't want to read that sort of stuff stumbling upon it, would be to have a new prefix along the lines of 'Need help!, Fake alert' etc....

Maybe, 'Ebay Special' or something...
    The prefixes is also some thing that is often abused!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast